Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• sparshmellow
  • 109 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 109 replies
  • 18 likes

Follow me link

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Hi, this is my first mail here. O troef pooling for an answer, as it seems rather basic to m...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • WouterKuyper
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Current Playback API - progress_ms: integer or string?

The web API supports getting information about the user's current playback state. The docs for this endpoint detail the "progress_ms". This property contains the "Progress into the currently playing track" and is specified to be an integer. However, ...

• The web API supports getting information about the user's current playback state. The docs for this endpoint  detail the "progress_ms". This property contains the "Progress into the currently pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist info with just one oauth token

Hi everyone, hope everyone have great day.I am about to start a new task for my app which requires getting basic tracks/album/artist info by id but in the same time importing spotify playlist and getting a list of isrc of songs from playlist. I imagi...

• Visitor
  • ...ogin of user and hence getting data from any playlist(public). I unterstood api and all but I am wondering if I could use my oauth token and use for everyone and not by getting a new one for every p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    ISRC
    OAuth
    spotify id
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No results for query with "'" (single quote)

Background: Trying to use the Search API to link my Last.fm scrobbles to Spotify, with the ultimate goal of creating playlists etc. Searching a track with query artist:"The Human League" track:"Don't You Want Me" yields no results, whereas the same q...

• Casual Listener
  • Background: Trying to use the Search API to link my Last.fm scrobbles to Spotify, with the ultimate goal of creating playlists etc.   Searching a track with query artist:"The Human League" tra...
  • gudvinr
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I set a custom opacity value to the Spotify icon?

PlanPremiumCountryIT My Question or IssueI am developing a non-commercial night-clock-like website that plays some music in the background, with white text on a dark background that turns slightly opaque [the white accent] after a little while.Can I ...

• Plan Premium Country IT   My Question or Issue I am developing a non-commercial night-clock-like website that plays some music in the background, with white text on a dark background that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • dev
    Icon
    opacity
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

total_tracks field in album object and simplified album object isn't documented

Hi everyone,I've made a couple of requests to the api that resulted in various album and simplified album objects. I've noticed that all of the responses included a total_tracks property that is strangely not documented in the api reference, neither ...

• Regular
  • Hi everyone, I've made a couple of requests to the api that resulted in various album and simplified album objects. I've noticed that all of the responses included a total_tracks property that is st...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Getting empty available_markets for a track

My Question or IssueFor some reason, making a query to "Get a track" method using track id 7swIKcU4tFRk4iFJpi12Fg returns a track object with empty "available_markets". My question is what does that mean? Is the track available in every country or is...

• My Question or Issue For some reason, making a query to "Get a track" method using track id 7swIKcU4tFRk4iFJpi12Fg returns a track object with empty "available_markets". My question is what does tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Too many 429 error for Spotify API

Hi,Since the launch of Spotify in Russia, we are getting most of the time the 429 Rate limit with the Spotify API. Even now by stopping our service and decreasing the volume of requests... What can we do ? We never got such issue before and now on al...

• Roadie
  • Hi, Since the launch of Spotify in Russia, we are getting most of the time the 429 Rate limit with the Spotify API. Even now by stopping our service and decreasing the volume of requests... What can...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
    api
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Web API Authorization Code Flow Error

I'm implementing a simple application to generate some playlist for a user based on some provided data. However, I can't seem to get authorized, even though I've followed to procedures as far as I can tell.This is the request URL I'm generating:"http...

• Casual Listener
  • ...an tell. This is the request URL I'm generating: "https://accounts.spotify.com/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=*MyClientId*&scope=playlist-modify-public&redirect_uri=localhost:8...
  • killani64
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • authorization
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Episode Embed Not Working

Console error is: Uncaught (in promise) Error: Missing `instance`. Have you called `setEventSenderInstance` yet?

• Visitor
  • Console error is:   Uncaught (in promise) Error: Missing `instance`. Have you called `setEventSenderInstance` yet?
  • ScubaBrian
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Troubles finding certain songs via the Web API

Hi everyone, As part of a personal project, I've created a small NodeJS program that automatically creates Spotify playlists from the latest setlists of my favourite bands. I've spotted a few small problems with searching for certain songs from the S...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   As part of a personal project, I've created a small NodeJS program that automatically creates Spotify playlists from the latest setlists of my favourite bands. I've spotted...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API search
    search song
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Analysis: HTTP 404 / Timeout 504

Issue found on July 14th 2020 Endpoint(s):GET /v1/audio-analysis/{track_id} Scope(s):None Steps to reproduce: 1. Go to https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-audio-analysis-track/ 2. After getting a token and setting an id for a Spotify track, cli...

• Regular
  • Issue found on July 14th 2020   Endpoint(s): GET /v1/audio-analysis/{track_id}   Scope(s): None   Steps to reproduce:   1. Go to https://developer.spotify.com/console/get...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download streaming history through web app

Hey Spotify Community,I am working on a web app that uses Spotify API for various requests. I know that Spotify gives the chance to get your personal data emailed to you in 24h or so but I was wondering if it's possible to do that through my web app ...

• Regular
  • Hey Spotify Community, I am working on a web app that uses Spotify API for various requests.  I know that Spotify gives the chance to get your personal data emailed to you in 24h or so but I w...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • history
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How can I get the Contents by WebAPI of "fetchRecommendedContentItemsForType"?

Hello, I want to use webapi to get the desktop contents of spotify which is the first screen content of spotify. Like:"Made for X", "for today's drive" ,"The state of music today" These contents can be got by ios sdk "fetchRecommendedContentItemsForT...

• Regular
  •     Hello, I want to use webapi to get the desktop contents of spotify which is the first screen content of spotify. Like:"Made for X", "for today's drive" ,"The state of music today" &nbs...
  • ouml
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SpotifyApi.NetCore - Spotify Web API Wrapper for .NET Core

Hi there, Just letting you know that there is a new .NET Core wrapper library for Spotify Web API: SpotifyApi.NetCore. The library is open source and licensed under MIT. If you are writing C# or .NET or Blazor apps you should check it out: https://gi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, Just letting you know that there is a new .NET Core wrapper library for Spotify Web API: SpotifyApi.NetCore. The library is open source and licensed under MIT. If you are writing C# or...
  • RoguePlanetoid
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Developer
    SDK
    Web API
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Recommendation seed track ranking

PlanPremiumCountryINDIA My Question or IssueI was going through the Spotify API for recommendations over here . I am working on creating something and I have a question. I am currently using the following variables:1. Limit2. Seed track I get a list ...

• Plan Premium Country INDIA   My Question or Issue I was going through the Spotify API for recommendations over here . I am working on creating something and I have a question. I am cu...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • recommendation
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Web API Browse API Get Categories returns duplicates in pagination

In my web app I let the user browse categories, that I fetch via pagination:https://api.spotify.com/v1/browse/categories?offset=0https://api.spotify.com/v1/browse/categories?offset=20https://api.spotify.com/v1/browse/categories?offset=40Every now and...

• Casual Listener
  • In my web app I let the user browse categories, that I fetch via pagination: https://api.spotify.com/v1/browse/categories?offset=0 https://api.spotify.com/v1/browse/categories?offset=20 https://...
  • paulkujawa
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • categories
    duplicates
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Advertising on a spotify web api site

PlanFree/PremiumCountryCanada Websitesongtaste.cf Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I have seen in the General Restrictions that “commercial use” of t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Canada   Website songtaste.cf   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Playlists] My playlist user behavior

Hello, is that possible to see user behavior via Spotify Web API of my playlist, I hope I can know basic user information like who(user name and email...etc) currently play my playlist and who like/save the playlist. Do your web API has this part ope...

• Hello, is that possible to see user behavior via Spotify Web API of my playlist, I hope I can know basic user information like who(user name and email...etc) currently play my playlist and who like/s...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web App for song suggestions

Hey guys,my name is Philipp and I want to create a web app, so that you can go to my website and there you can search for a song on spotify and basically put it into a spotify playlist or database. So on the first page, you can search for songs/artis...

• Visitor
  • Hey guys, my name is Philipp and I want to create a web app, so that you can go to my website and there you can search for a song on spotify and basically put it into a spotify playlist or database....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • web app
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes