Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adverts on Premium - Popups

Adverts on Premium - Popups

Hi,

I'm getting pop-up ads on Spotify. It happens on Android, Windows and iPhone.

Check the attached screenshot. I cannot find an option to opt out of this advertising.

Please fix 👍

Thanks

Screenshot_2020-10-05-01-01-47-14_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @Mr_Rhee, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Is this the first time this has happened? This is generally expected since it's just to alert you of a new album or service, but you can swipe to get rid of it and shouldn't appear again.

Of course, if it continues, you can perform a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

Hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

As I mentioned, this happens on multiple platforms. These are adverts and are pushed to the client regularly.

Also playlist adverts too...

Screenshot_2020-10-08-07-47-27-09_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

Hey @Mr_Rhee

Thanks for the screenshot and for allowing me to take a closer look at this!

These pop-ups are not advertisements like the ones that people on Spotify Free get, but content that's only relevant to your music taste. Both Free and Premium subscribers can receive these.

Sponsored recommendations can help you find new music from artists that you love. They'll only come up for artists that you follow or listens to a lot, and only when you first navigate to Home so they don’t interrupt the listening experience.

In your case, if you would like to stop these from showing, click Learn more the next time you receive such a notification. From there, you can stop them showing for the artist you received the notification from, or stop them from showing altogether. 

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just because you call apple an orange, doesn't make it so.  These are dishonest covert advertisements to paying premium users. 

Follow me

This still persists.

"They'll only come up for artists that you follow or listens to a lot"

That's not true at all. The ad in screenshot attached doesn't have anything to do with any artist.

"only when you first navigate to Home so they don’t interrupt the listening experience."

Unless the music is already playing and I open the app to change a song.

They are ads, start referring to them like this and stop lying to people

Screenshot_2022-08-05-16-51-59-269_com.spotify.music.jpg

Suggested posts