Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I get a refund for this?

Can I get a refund for this?

My Question or Issue

I was previously subscribed to Premium for Family for about a year but my credit card expired recently so the latest billing failed.

However, when I clicked on the link in my email to update my payment details, it brought me to the payment page for normal Premium plan. I didn't notice the difference and proceeded with the payment. Only afterwards I realised that I paid for the wrong plan, so I cancelled the normal Premium and subscribed for the family plan again. 

Can I get a refund for the payment for normal Premium? 

Thanks!

3 Replies

I too would like to know about this. I recently ran into the same problem. I was signed up for a student account and I never saw that I was somehow upgraded to a family account, which should have never happened. I've been billed for a family account for the last 5-6 months

Hey @Yuki1215 thanks for reaching out to the community with your concern,

When you switch plans from Premium Individual to Premium Family, a couple of things should happen:

• Your subscription will change to Premium Family right away and they can invite family members in the plan etc
  • Your next payment date will likely be a few days earlier than usual. This is because of the price difference between Premium Family and standard Premium.

Further, you shouldn't be charged twice (once for each plan). 

Keep in mind though that since you cancelled, rather than seeing the next payment date, you should see that the date their current Premium plan will expire. They can always keep track of all of this and re-subscribe to the right plan in their subscription page.

The only reason if shows two charges is because you cancelled it early.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jack

Hello there @GangsterSauce,

Sorry to hear you've had unexpected charges for your Premium subscription. No worries - we'll help you get to the bottom of this!

First off, I'd recommend visiting this support page and checking if any of the listed scenarios under More help apply to you.

If you're certain that you didn't upgrade to the Family plan, I also suggest securing your account to make sure it's not used by someone else.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts