Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t buy premium

Can’t buy premium

Please help!! I have my bank accounts int the us, but am living in another country. I want to upgrade to Premuim, but it won’t accept my payment method as it’s in a different country from where my account is. If I switch the country, I can’t continue playing anything unless I change it back to where I physically am. What do I do to pay with a card not from here? It gives me an error message.

Plan

Premium

Country

Ecuador

Device

Apple products and PC

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hey @pataamarilla-EC 

In this case, the best way to go is to buy a giftcard for you to use in your account. Normally you can find them in convenience stores.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @pataamarilla-EC,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Unfortunetaly, there's no way around providing a matching payment method to the same country you create the account at.

If you created an account listing Ecuador as your country of origin, the only way you'll be able to purchase Premium is by providing a matching payment method - same goes for all the Premium accounts around the world.

Regarding @osornios proposal, gift cards are not available for purchase in your country yet.

Spotify always tries to have gift cards available everywhere, and if you can't find them in the stores right now, you may be able to find them in the future. 

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts