Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can’t change country

Can’t change country

Hi,

I have a Premium plan and I want to change the account from a U.K. account to the US , and update the card details.

My Question or Issue

I tried several times to update the country and it doesn’t save the change from the U.K. to US. I also tried to change the card and then the country and it still doesn’t seem to save it.

I don’t want to lose any of my playlists by having to cancel my subscription. 
can someone help please?

5 Replies

Hey @Londonlauren ,

Thanks for reaching out.

How do you know that the payment method wasn't saved? Keep in mind that the country setting does not update right away, but only on/after your next billing date.

https://support.spotify.com/article/country-region-settings/

Let me know 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,

After I change the country to the US and go back to the main screen it
still shows United Kingdom. I tried this two weeks ago while I was in the
U.K. and it didn’t work then either.

I tried to change the card to a US card and then it recognised it was a US
card and said to change the country, which I had already tried to do ….

Thanks

Hey @Londonlauren ,

Just to clarify, are you in the UK or US while you try to update your payment method to a US one? Keep in mind you can only do this while you're in the United States.

If you've already updated your payment method to one that's been issued in the United States, you'll need to wait as the country setting will be automatically changed on your next billing date.

If you're seeing any error messages or are still having trouble updating the payment method, I'd recommend trying it using a different device, internet connection, or incognito/private browser window.

Also, you don't lose any of your playlists/saved content if your account gets reverted back to Spotify Free (for whatever reason), so no need to worry about that 🙂

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem.  Is there no way to change it before the next billing cycle?  That is still a month away which is annoying because I’m also trying to switch to Duo Premium and it won’t allow that (I’m guessing because the country setting hasn’t changed).

Hey @RustyCapeTown

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We're afraid it's not possible. If you currently have a Premium subscription and you change your account's country setting, the change will take place on the next billing date. 

If you need any further info, we suggest that you reach out to our Support team through any of these channels, so they can check your account and give you a hand with this.

If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts