Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change payment date

Can't change payment date

At the moment there is no way to change the subscription date of Spotify. This is basic functionality that every other web subscription service can do easily, I don't understand how a super successful tech company can't do it.

My only option seems to be to cancel Spotify for half a month, which I'm not prepared to do. Anyone know any ways around this?

2 Replies

Hey @Usemyemail27450, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. At the moment, the only way you can change your billing date for your Spotify payments are these steps:

1. Cancel your current subscription.
  2. After your account page changes Spotify Free (under Your plan), you can resubscribe to Premium on the day you’d like to be charged.

You'll now be charged on or around this day each month. 

Tip - You can view your billing date and manage your plan on your account page.

I hope this helps. I'll be here if you have any more questions.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @Usemyemail27450!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Right now your billing date becomes the day you subscribe to Premium, so you'd like to change it, you'll need to cancel and wait a bit until your account goes to the free service to resubscribe. You can read more about this here.

We understand that you'd like to see an option to do that without cancelling and we recommend suggesting that as a new Idea on with the steps here.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts