Free --> Premium

Country

Phillipines

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Trying to subscribe to premium montly trial but  I tried again today just now am still getting error and cannot use Paypal to make payment to my Spotify. Any ideas on how to get this working. The Paypal error is:

We’re sorry. We were unable to set up pre-approved payments. Please try again later. Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

My Paypal account is verified, country is Phillipines and payment set to my credit card. I've contact Paypal and mentioned my account was in order and they referred back to mechant as an issue. Any ideas?

13 Replies

Hey @jp_makati, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

In this case, could you try using another browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't work, please provide me a screenshot of the error messages being shown? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Keep me posted, I look forward to helping out 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy,

I am great, just trying to get this Premium account setup will be better. Here are some screenshots showing Spotify acount, Paypal account and the Error.

Account SpotifyAccount SpotifyAccount PaypalAccount PaypalVerified PaypalVerified PaypalError MessageError Message

What do you suggest, Paypal support says its a merchant issue?

Have also tried many times with MS Edge browser, Internet Explorer browser and Chrome Incognito and cleared all browser cookies and history on each, but not having any luck =(

@jp_makati

Thanks for checking.

Lastly, could you let me know if you have used this specific PayPal on another Spotify account? This could be a family member or themselves on an old account with Spotify.

Keep me in the loop 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey Billy,

No, i rarely use Paypal except for eBay purchases and my Paypal account has not been used with any spotify before. I prefer Paypal as they are safer payment method and recognise the online purchase easier. 

Any other things to check or should I just give up?

Thanks

@jp_makati,

Thanks for the response .

Could you try subscribing here seeing if that works? If you still cannot use PayPal to subscribe, let's try using another payment method to see if that works.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Tried with that link and exactly the same error.

I will give up on trying to get Spotify Premium. It just does not work with Paypal and no one seems to know why =(

@jp_makati,

Thanks for the response 🙂 

Sorry if those didn't work out. Could you try using another payment method to see if that makes a difference?

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi, I'm having the same problem as described above with a Verified PH paypal account. I'm not able to pay via paypal. I don't want to input my credit card that's why I'm using paypal. Any solution for that? Tried everything described above.

Hey there @hamtonics,

Thanks for joining in this discussion! 

If you're still having troubles paying via PayPal, we'd advice you to:

• Check the country registered on your PayPal account matches the country set in your Spotify account.
  • Make sure you’ve verified your PayPal account. Check out PayPal's help site for more info.
  • Make sure you haven't used the same payment method before for a free trial for a family member or a friend, or an old account of yours.
  • Wait a few days and try again, or try in an private/incognito window (there might’ve been a temporary connection problem).
  • Try a different payment method.

If the issue persists, tell us what's the exact error message you're getting. You can also add a screenshot, just make sure there's no sensitive info on it.

It'll be helpful to us if you also list the steps you've tried, thanks! 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Hi, @hamtonics

Have you salved this problem? I'm having the same problem.

Hi, @jb_makati

Have you slaved your problem? I'm having same problem...

I have the same issue did this ever get fixed for anyone??

Suggested posts