Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change payment date

Solved!

Change payment date

My payment date is in the middle of the month. Pretty **bleep**ing annoying. Can you somehow change that 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SmaxY

According to the support article:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/change-subscription-renewal-date/

Pay when you want!

Your billing date is on or around the same day of the month you first subscribed to Premium.

If you need to change your billing date:

1. Cancel your current billing cycle.
  2. Wait until your account reverts back to Free, then resubscribe to Premium on the day you’d like to be charged. You'll now be charged on or around this day each month. 

Note: Your account will need to remain on our Free service until the date you'd like the new billing to start. If you upgrade before your previous billing cycle has ended, your billing date will remain the same as before. 

Tip: You can view your billing date and manage your subscription on your account page.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @SmaxY

According to the support article:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/change-subscription-renewal-date/

Pay when you want!

Your billing date is on or around the same day of the month you first subscribed to Premium.

If you need to change your billing date:

1. Cancel your current billing cycle.
  2. Wait until your account reverts back to Free, then resubscribe to Premium on the day you’d like to be charged. You'll now be charged on or around this day each month. 

Note: Your account will need to remain on our Free service until the date you'd like the new billing to start. If you upgrade before your previous billing cycle has ended, your billing date will remain the same as before. 

Tip: You can view your billing date and manage your subscription on your account page.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is a ridiculous solution. Why in todays age can spotify not just simply change the billing date. I personally don't want to have to listen to ads for the duration I'm waiting for the day to come around when i would like to be billed. In my eyes this is not solved. Why make it harder than it needs to be. Please remove this ludicrous hurdle. 

Yep, Netflix let's you do that

"Cancel your service" is an insane solution to give your customers. Do it like Netflix or Hulu--accept an early partial payment so that the next payment falls on the date that the customer wants.

I do not want to listen to ads for weeks while I wait for the correct date.

I am virtually listening to music 24/7. No I am not cancelling my subscription to wait days or weeks without music, just to change a billing date.

Considering another service provider.

Morning 

I want to change my payment date to the 5th of each month 

I want to pay my account on the 15th of each  an every month 

Hey folks!

If you'd like to change your billing date, you can refer to the instructions provided by @MattSuda in the solution above.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is NOT a solution.

I understand your frustration @guiltyundertaker, but this process is necessary due to the way the system processes payments.

If you don't want to wait until next month to resubscribe, you can try the following workaround:

1. reach out to Customer Support on the date you'd like your future payments to be processed from now on.
  2. Request they terminate your subscription immediately.

That way you'll lose the remaining Premium time you had, but you can resubscribe again right away without having to wait until your account reverts to Free and your billing date will be updated.

Hope this clears things up. Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

True.. this is not a solution.. they really need to change this

Does this keep all my playlists in place still? 

Hey @Leelala,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Your music collection will remain untouched after any subscription changes. Only the content downloaded for offline listening may have to be redownloaded.

Hope this clears things a bit.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for this info. Can I ask if I do this (cancel and the resubscribe) will my account still have my playlist etc? Or will I be starting from scratch again? 

This is a problem if I'm on a family plan - What's going to happen to all those accounts linked to mine?

Hey @GrantisMaximus,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

If you're the owner of a Premium Family subscription, all joined accounts will be removed from the plan as soon as your account reverts back to free. This means that you'll need to invite the other users again to be part of your plan. 

Keep also in mind that plan members can only change plans once every 12 months. Make sure they've not changed plans in the last 12 months to avoid any inconvenience trying to rejoin.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts