Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing credit card

Solved!

Changing credit card

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

300 Replies

hi I already unsubscribe to spotify but they still charge me? what do I need to do? anyone please help me ASAP.. thanks

@rachellejane017

It's better to delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

THIS IS BS... I JUST WANNA SCREEEAM!!! but who'll listen... I tried everything suggested.. right up to clearing payment and cancelling.. then when it comes back and I select USE CREDIT CARD.. it just spins and spins and spins...  #$^#$#$^#^#^ 

I'm having the same issue, Tucker. I even went so far as to disable my adblocker on my browser and still no luck. Hopefully someone who actually works for Spotify's billing/payment department will see this and fix the problem.

@TuckerMcGyver @kamo7s

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from a no-reply address) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

I had the same issue when I had "ghostery" running. Turned off in my browser preferences and credit card information popped right up. Then turned ghostery back on. YMMV.

Canceling the subscription is the only solution that I found to changing credit cards. I tried three times over 6 weeks and no luck. Maybe I renew and maybe I don't. Spotify needs to jolt their support guy (there must be only one) and get him to change this.

Same issue... over a 6 week period.

Seems that without cancelling you can't change card if new card issuing country differs from old card. Another issue to solve for EU.
Same time, updating card info without changing country maybe works without cencellation.

I need to change payments to a different Spotify account but it won't let me cancel my subscription to an email that I forgot the password to

My solution was to use IE browser instead of Chrome... after everything I went through... ARGHHH... it was that simple... I did not see this as a solution before or after my post... unless I missed it.. but folks that's what worked for me...  

Hey,

I have a related issue.

I linked my account to my UK card and set my country as the UK in order to purchase a cheap trial period, after which I cancelled my subscription. As I am now finishing my stay in the UK, I would like to purchase premium using a Polish card (so that it can be charged with Spotify-Poland rates), however, in the subscription part in my account's menu I only have an option to start a premium using UK's rates and no option to change card details.

Is it possible to change card details and be charged other country's rate in such a situation?

Cheers!

This has been happening to me as well for like 3 weeks!'

I canceled my subscription 4 months ago and im still being charged.
How can I make this stop!!!!

@Greggory4444

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Once you're in Poland, you can cancel your current subscription, delete your current payment details, change your country in profile, and resubscribe with your polish card at polish rates.

osorniosSpotify Star

@N012994

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? In them, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use that username to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

In there you should delete your payment details, so no new charges cn be made.
To do so:

1. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

2. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

osorniosSpotify Star

I click on updating payment details then next screen welcomes me to Premium.  How can I change VISA card data, and keep old subscription?

Thanks

@191110

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

In there it appears the renewal date, which is when you actually get charged, not before, even if you update details.

If you want to be sure, you can delete your payment info and then add the new one after. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, I am trying to use a card that has a differnt name on it to my account name and it will not work. Can you help me? 

Hola

He cancelado mi suscripción premiun y necesito cambiar datos de mi tarjeta de crédito. 

Ya he pagado el último recibo generado por spotify y deseo que ya no mantengan vinculada mi tarjeta, pues en el banco me dicen que no puedo hacer cambios con mi tarjeta de crédito, pues figura que aún esta vinculada a la cuenta de spotify, a pesar de que mi membresía ya fue cancelada.

Por favor cómo puedo comunicarme por otra vía para resolver esto.

Gracias

Suggested posts