Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing credit card

Solved!

Changing credit card

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

300 Replies

Thanks. I've never seen email receipts, but it helps to know how I might access them. 
I did submit my new card for payment, but my correspondenceS from them state that I'm a brand new subscriber.  I love my Spotify premium, but think that their customer relations/satisfaction needs a makeover!   

The website is broken.

I want to change my payment method but the website is broken it won't let me do it it's been like that for a few days

Hey @Reneem68,

Website looks ok here.You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is still not working. I have tried IE, Chrome, and Chrome Incognito. We are trying to be proactive in paying our accounts, and avoiding confusion after our accounts get turned off. Please fix this!

I change my credit card but now the other accounts from my sons are not working. It says that is not premium!

Hey @Pablopapajac,

Do you have a Family plan? You may need to invite them again.

Go to your account settings

Under Manage your family accounts, click GO

If they're not there, select an empty slot and send by yourself the link generated through INVITE MEMBER BY LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username, and you'll be set.

Account_overview_twitter.png

osorniosSpotify Star

This is not working for me.  Update is not showing up on my screen. It is making me upgrade to premium and won't let me update my credit card.  It is not an option.

This is thee worst!!!!

My subscription  has been temporarily cancelled  due to my recieving a new bank card. Because of this apperantly insanely difficult issue to make simple, online, there is zero customer service, I cannot make a payment!!! When I return to the subscription page to renew my subscription, providing my new bank card number, time after time, after time, after time, and time and again, I can't' because when I hit the "Start MY Spotify Premiu" icon, it does nothing! Nothing, except twirls in a circular motion. Apparently the company doe'sn want to get paid. Ugh,

Beyond frustrated!

and this is why I moved over to Pandora way better customer service

Hey @curtisupshaw

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Card_Problems_Instagram4B.png

osorniosSpotify Star

This isn't working .... When I go to my subscription and click on "change payment details" it simply goes to a page that says " your payment details are up to date". It's an endless loop that never gets me to the page with my credit card info.

I've tried on two different devices, in Chrome, Chrome incognito, Firefox, Safari ... really shouldn't be this hard to give Spotify my money. 

I went to my subscription page, but the change payment method link was not there as in your directions.

Been there...done that...several times...several days in a row. Credit card company shows Spotify attempted to charge service to my old (dead) card on Nov1st (twice) but shows no attempts to charge for service with my new (confirmed good working) card even though I have attempted at least 10 times with the new card for the past several days. Obviously The Spotify credit card update function is defective. My card is good but  Spotify has the old card data locked in and won't let go of it to use the new card information. Spotify has no customer service number to call to explain and fix this issue so...I'm without service until they fix their broken system.  Bummed in Seattle. 

i have been trying to do is for about a week and it isnt workin , i keep seeing the loading page and now my membership has been suspended

Logging in through Facebook, it seems like Spotify is using my facebook name for my billing details, but this does not match my actual credit card details, so it is declined..

How can I specify the billing details (name on credit card specifically) for spotify to use when billing me?

Im trying to move from Spotify free to Premium but everytime I type in my card info it says my 3-digit security code is wrong, i think its the problem with them comparing my card to a Ammex and thats why I cant put my card info in. If anyone knows more or how i can fix this pls help.

Hi,

I have the same issue and Spotify support does not seem to have an answer. Have you finally achieved to solve your problem?

Thanks,

Hale

Suggested posts