Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing credit card

Solved!

Changing credit card

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

300 Replies

I still havent been able to change my card info but $5.24 was taken from my account???? And I still get ads so like give my money back or fix your systems?

Hey @helplease

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That gave me the same result. When I clicked on "Subscription" it gave me
"Subscription and Payment" but when I clicked on "Change or Cancel," that
led me to a screen outlining the various subscription plans--but no place
to indicate how I might change my payment method. There is a short circuit
somewhere in Spotify's set-up for their premium customers, Not a good sign.

Hi -

I was going to change my credit card # on my student account but it charged me $9.99 for regular Spotify. I would like my money back and I would like to change my credit card # and still be charged for a student discount. 

Hey @ggg_-duoybmbq

Try using this site to validate.

If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I'm not able to update my payment info. When I try to "Cancel Premium" to see if that would work, it says "Oops Something went wrong", and that's it. Nothing's happening. I don't want it to charge the card on file. 

Untitled.png

My credit card expired and thus my Spotify account as well. I have since changed the card and have been charged, but I still can’t access my account. I am traveling abroad right now and I need my music to work off WiFi! Please help. 

Hey @shi666

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hey @4i_hf1-7a9qat

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I've tried incognito, I've tried different browser. I've tried my phone. I've tried my work computer. Same thing always 

😕

Is anyone from Spotify who can fix this problem listening?

@shi666

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

I'm trying to update my credit card info but after i enter it in and press the update button, nothing happens and it does not update. it seems like the page just freezes up and when i refresh the page all my info is back the the old credit card information and none of the new information is entered in. Basically it's not saving the new information after I press the update button. why is it doing this?

Having same problem, updating to the new card information and after pressing "Update" it never returns or saves the new information.

Is it really needed to cancel subscription to be able to update payment settings?

#metoo

I took someone's advice and contacted the Help desk for a chat and got a
good agent who decided to revert my account to basic and told me to do an
upgrade, assuring me that I would be on the same billing cycle when I
upgraded to premium, and that worked. Good luck.

I bought a visa gift card and I tried to purchase premium it won’t work I’ve tried everything there’s no telephone support but Twitter?! That’s pretty ghetto I’ve never had this problem before I even called visa and they said my prepaid card is good!

The links noted to click on for changing payment method do not exist on the screen for me.

These instructions do not work for me. When I choose Subscriptions in the left pane under Account, the only option I am given is to cancel my account. NOTHING ELSE.

the only solution is cancel the account and subscribe again with the new credit card. the information and play lists will stay

Suggested posts