Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing credit card

Solved!

Changing credit card

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

300 Replies

As for today I tried to change my creditcard number  from visa to mastercard because my bank have changed from using visa to mastercard for some reason. I am a long time spotify user and have an "unlimited" subscription which lacks some feutures which are included in the premium subscription. But when I visit the acount site and tries to change the card number by following the instuctions given nothing happens where the old credit card number is. So I cant change it ! The 22 in this month the old card will no longer be valid. And I have no intention to upgrade to premium at a higher cost because of the reason that I just can´t change from visa to mastercard. So can anyone at Spotify please give me an answer to this problem. And furthermore when I click on the link to upgrade to premium I got a question if I´m sure I want to do this!!!!!

No I don´t want to do that ! I just wan´t to change my card information But that seem s to be impssible ! So please help me with this issue.

Why doesn´t Spotifys own recomendations how to do this work ? 

Just changed my card from visa to mastercard on hbo without any problem why can´t spotify fix this ? They states if you have a subscription via a third party you have to do it by cancelling and re subscribe. But not when you have subscribed directly from spotify.

I have managed to update my card info before on spotify but bow nothing happens it´s a disgrace. So maybe this is the last days for me as an subscriber.

Has anyone managed to overcome the problem of the Update button on the Subscription and Payment page not taking you to the next page? I want to change my credit card details and I can't get past this page.

Success - I cancelled my Premium subscription and then when it asked would I like to renew, I accepted. It came up with all the same details as before (including payment dates, etc) but when I then clicked on the Update button, it allowed me to change my credit card details. Ridiculous system - but this seems the only way around it.

I have the same problem. New credit card but can't change the payment details. If I click  on 'update' the same page just reloads. I tried different browsers, but it doesn't work.

What if I want to add a gift card to my account so that my credit card doesn't get charged anymore?  How can I do that?

Why can’t i change my credit card info on this site? I don’t wana lose all my music

Hey @Helglor

You could try deleting your payment info before updating. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Please remember, your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I contacted spotify through their support site and I was given the answer to try different browsers incognito window and so on that didn´t work. They also told me that my subscription "unlimited" no longer could be renewed or was offered as a subscription. The thing is I just want to change my card information because of that my bank changed from visa to mastercard. I don´t want to change anything else. Spotify have managed to take money every month for many years without problem. So how hard can it be to allow me to change my card information ? And at the same time allow my subscription keep going ? I´m not interested in offline listening or listen via smartphone (which I don´t have) just want to keep listening when I´m using my pc.

And the price I pay now is about half of the price as for premium here in Sweden. And the bit speed is slower but it´s enough for me. I will reply on the support message and if they can´t solve this I will close my acount and take a trial period of another service.

And then decide what I will choose.

Hello 

I can't seem to be able to change my credit card details. I have logged onto my account via a desktop, clicked on the "Subscription" option on the left of the screen. 

Then selected update underneath my current card and "Payment Method". I would expect this to lead to change my payment methods but no. No option comes up on my screen to change my payment method. 

I am working off a Chrome browser on a Windows 10 system. 

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Hey @nu584vjv1o9che1

Check my post above yours here.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I have tried this several times and the website and the app do not allow  me to change my credit card details. It just simply doesn't work. How do I update my credit card details another way?

Barbara-Dene

I have a new debit card.  I have tried numerous times to change my payment card on your site but when I click the UPDATE button it just reloads the page.  Is this a defect?  How do I update my card details?

Thanks

Andy

I have no idea. My problem started when my bank changed from visa to mastercard therefore I had to update the information on different sites. The only site which not allowed me to do so was spotify ! The thing is that I have an old subscription called unlimited for about half the price as for premium. It lacks the features like offline listening and listening from smartphones and spotify connect. But I was happy with that. So if I want to change my cardinformation I have to update to premium. Without the need to update my cardinformation I could have had my subscription for two years more. I mean how hard can it be to in a simple way allow customers to change card information without the hassle ? Especially when they are without blame of their own.

I go to subscriptions page and but when I click "update" it just reloads to the subscription page...? won't let me update on my phone or on a computer...any ideas?? Really don't want to get my account cancelled.

That is exactly my situation - a change from VISA and Mastercard by my CC
provider.

Spotify need to wake up and begin focussing on customer service. There are
other music services which treat customers well. What is really striking for
me is how it is clear that Spotify have paid no attention and completely
ignored this thread. No response from anyone in Spotify.... as a premium
user it is pretty shocking to see this attitude towards customer service.

Hello @BDJ @thereminwar @Sam21Bel

Check my post here.  Hopefully it help you too. 🙂

@lstapleton1962,

Please search for the issue in the ongoing issues board and post there to be in the loop. If it doesn't exist you can create a new topic, so it can fixed by Spotify.

osorniosSpotify Star

I am trying to change my credit card. But I can't type in the expiration month. The field is just left empty and nothing happens if I try again.

I woud like to change my credit card number but I can't find the link to do so

Go to your spotify acount. Then click on manage plan under your subscription information and when your card will be debited. There you should be able to change your card informationby clicking update. If this doesn´t work spotify still haven´t managed to solve the problem with updating cardinformation. Maybe you should send an e-mail to suport@spotify.com and describe your problem and get help. It worked for me and hopefully they will help you to.  You could also try the other suggestions given in this thread.

Suggested posts