Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing to Duo without losing prepaid premium period

Changing to Duo without losing prepaid premium period

Hi all,

I am currently already using spotify premium but don't have a subscription yet. However I have prepaid spotify premium for the next ~6 months using spotify vouchers.

I would like to change do a Duo subscription to allow my live-in partner access as well. However I am wondering what will happen to my prepaid premium period. Would I possibly lose that? If not would the Duo subscription be billed only after these 6 months? Could we use Duo before these 6 months end?

3 Replies

Hey @mreich99,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community 🙂 

Whatever new subscription you start, Spotify should allow you to use all the remaining Premium time available on  your account before switching to the new plan. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mario,I have the same issue - My premium is paid through Dec 31 2021.  So if I sign up for duo on July 1, are you saying I will only be charged ~$3 a month from July to December 2021?  And then when my premium prepaid ends in Jan 2022, I will be charged ~$12.99 a month?

Hey @ngb12347,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

When you have prepaid Premium time running and you change to another type of subscription, the time you have left is reduced to compensate the price difference between both plans. You can subscribe to Premium Duo in July and the change will be made right away, and you won't be charged yet, but your next billing date will be brought forward, so instead of the 31st of December, you'll be charged for Premium Duo at an earlier date.

You'll be able to see what your next billing date would be when you change your subscription.

Hope this clears things up. We'll be right here in case you have any questions 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts