Free/Premium free trial

Country

Uk

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 13.4.1

My Question or Issue

I signed up for the premium free trial. I have never had premium before. I used PayPal but the I got charged £3.26. Why is this and does it get refunded?

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you check your Receipts page, and let me know if you see the charge for £3.26 there?

If you don't, check in with PayPal, and see if the charge is pending. 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The receipts page only says free trial-£0.00. There are no pending charges on my pay pal. But the money have been taken out my account and I get notifications from my bank and it’s says £3.26 PayPal.

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you send me a screenshot of the charge as shown on your PayPal account? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Keep me updated!

Billy-JSpotify Star

It isn’t showing up on my paypal but here is the screenshot from the notification I got. This came right after I signed up for the free trial with PayPal so I can’t be from anything else. 

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the screenshot! 

When you go to the PayPal app directly, or your bank statements, do you see any charges posted from Spotify?

Billy-JSpotify Star

No. There’s no charges on PayPal. And any charges on my bank normally take 2ish days to show up on my statements so it should show up later today sometime

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the details.

Seems like you've been only gotten an authorization charge, which is normal when you first subscribe to Premium, to ensure that the payment method is valid. This charge expires right away, you'll get your funds back and you don't get charged.

In this case, I would wait for the next 2-5 days or whenever your bank processes payments, if you see any charges from Spotify, reply here and I'll see what else to suggest.

If you have any questions in the meantime, or need any more help - just let me know! Here to help.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts