Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit Card Update

Credit Card Update

Dear Spotify Development team, would you be able to check the payment process.

My credit card expired, and by updating with the same Number but new expiration date and Security code. The system is unable to take it.  So will my account will be disable, due to a technical problem?

Any ideas to make it to work,

8 Replies

Hey there @Bozo23, welcome to the community!

Let's try to troubleshoot this 🙂 Have you tried updating your payment method this way? It could help if you did this after clearing the cache/cookies in your browser or trying through an incognito window.

Let me know if this helped!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I did follow the advice, same results-

Depending on which country you live credit cards work differently, first I would check through your Web Bank that Internet Payments are allowed on your new credit card.

@Bozo23 Do you get any error messages?
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Just the same message, that looks like the Bank is having a bad day…

Or maybe your new credit card is not actually so called "enabled" yet, maybe it takes couple days to "kill" your old credit card and "enable" your new credit card. I would wait 2 days and then try again.If it's not working after that then I suggest you to contact your bank.

how do i give you my new debit card number so i dont lose my music. pauline

Hey there @Pauline5,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, are you also seeing an error message when you're trying to update your payment details? It'd be really helpful if you could give us some additional info on what you see. Just make sure that if you share a screenshot here in the Community, that it doesn't contain any private/sensitive info.

If you haven't already, we'd recommend giving the following steps a try in a different device:

1. Open an incognito or private window in your browser
  2. Log in to your account page.
  3. Under Your plan, click UPDATE next to your payment method. 
    Note: If your plan is associated with a partner, you’ll need to contact them directly to manage your payment.
  4. Enter your new payment method. 

Keep in mind that once you've followed these steps successfully, any changes will take effect from your next billing date.

Further, even if your account reverts to free, you should still have access to your playlists and Liked Songs. However, you'll need to re-download any content you previously had available for offline use when you get back on Premium.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts