Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Currys will only provide one code yet I purchased two eligible items

Currys will only provide one code yet I purchased two eligible items

I purchased two Sonos sound bars at Christmas as presents for family.  The Sonos sound bar comes with six months free code so I naturally expected to receive two codes.  I only received a single code and they are refusing to provide a second stating I "can only qualify for 1 code per order" even though I purchased two eligible products.

The terms are here and I think Currys are wrong - there is certainly no mention of only one code per order - but I thought I'd ask Spotify and their community for their view.

I have personally been a Spotify Premium member for many years so appreciate that I am not personally eligible to redeem even one of these codes.  Does this mean they should have sent me no codes at all?  Of course not.  It just means that I personally could not redeem this code on my own account.

In contrast, neither of the actual sound bar recipients have ever been Premium members so I would expect them both to be eligible, and two codes to be supplied by Currys for this purpose.

So should I get two codes? 🙂

5 Replies

Anyone? (Ideally someone from the Spotify team)

Hey @craigpenton,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Since the codes are issued by Currys, the best thing to do would be to visit them in-store or to reach out to them here and inquire further.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

Thanks for the reply Peter.  Sadly though I've already approached Currys who refuse to help.  They state that I "can only qualify for 1 code per order" even though I purchased two eligible products for two different people.

Hey @craigpenton,

Thanks for getting back to us, and sorry to hear you didn't have any luck there.

Note that in the T&Cs for the offer, under 'Eligibility', it says:

"Eligible Users may only redeem the Offer once, previous users may not redeem the Offer again."

This is likely the reason why you are not able to purchase the offer twice in the same order.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Hi Peter and thanks again for the reply.

I agree that it's almost certainly that line that they are having an issue with but what is an "eligible user"?  It only makes sense to me if this is referring to the "Spotify" user account.

The two recipients of the sound bars have never subscribed to Spotify before so in my eyes these should both be considered "eligible users".  In contrast, I'm a paid-up member so know that I would not personally have been able to use either code on my own account - and I have no issue with that.

It makes no sense to me that if I'd made the same purchase but over two different orders I would likely have received two codes but because I purchased them together I don't.

Suggested posts