Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Drake ads on premium

Drake ads on premium

I have some questions on this Drake ad campaign.

1. Why am I being served ads in premium membership? I can accept promoting new releases but this is obviously beyond that.
  2. How long this campaign will go on?
  3. Is this going to repeat and be a business strategy for Spotify? Serving ads to paying members?
  4. Other than putting his face on everything, what is the extent of this campaign? Am I going to see him on my discover lists? As random suggestions/queus? If I click on a plalist that has Drake's picture on it but otherwise unrelated, is that going to add Drake into things that I listen and affect my queues?

Depending on answers I get and how this thing goes on, I will make a decision if I should cancel my subscription and search for alternatives.

Shame on you Spotify, I hope the money you got rom Drake worth trust you lost today.

Screenshot_2018-07-01-22-04-43.png
5 Replies

This is really frustrating!

It's just the first step to serve ads to premium accounts. I will not support this kind of behaviour. What's next? Put every drake song in every playlist? Show pop-ups for Drake? Pause your music for an audio Drake ad? Change your next Songto a Drake song? Change the "recommended" algorithm so it favours Drake?

If Spotify decides to go down that path I will cancel my subscription and go to a competitor.

I will never accept ads if I have a paid membership. Spotify definitely lost my trust in that regard!

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us on the Community. We can confirm playlist artwork has been returned!

We’re always trying new and interesting ways to work with our artists, and we really do value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward.

If you have any further comments, feel free to let us know in this thread.

Thanks for reducing amount of Drake I am getting. I only count 6 Drakes on main playlist window, nice progress!

Any comments on why we are (still) being served ads on premium? Or any other pbullet points on my man post?

Hi Chris and Spotify,

Is there any chance you could actually answer the questions. Or at least link to a thread that has actual answers.

Hi,

Please provide us with an answer!

Suggested posts