Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error but charged

Error but charged

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

My Question or Issue

I recently changed my credit card information for my premium subscription around ~2-3 weeks ago. My due date is every 24th, and I received an e-mail about failing to pay the subscription. I updated my card info (2 days ago), and the payment page showed an error which I've failed to take a screenshot of. However, I still got charged from my card. I updated my card info again yesterday (while in incognito mode), it still showed an error, which again, I've failed to take a screenshot of, but it still charged my card again.

All in all, I've been charged twice for 129 PHP (subscription amount) but my account page still has "Payment failed" showing up.

4 Replies

update: i have subscribed again using another method. I would like to request for a refund of the two charges of 129PhP that were charged on my card.

Hey @hanselor!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

It's great to hear that you were able to subscribe. To check if you'll need to request a refund from Spotify for the charges with your other payment method, you can take a look at your Receipts page.

If you don't see extra payments there, it means that they haven't gone though successfully on our end and you should receive them back automatically in a few days.

It's possible that they show on your bank statement as pending/processing. You can check this page for more info on that.

We hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey,
I faced the same problem today, I used UPI payment method as always but this time it got deducted from my account and on spotify payment page it showed error, then I again used the same method and it was successfully subscribed on the 2nd try. So do I need to file some complain or something for refund or it will be automatically refunded?

Thank you.

Hi @dd7o8yr5pft0b4q,

Thank you for posting on the Community and welcome!

If you've used UPI as payment method and it failed the first time, please access your online bank account between the next 5 to 7 business days to check if the charge was reversed. 

You may also contact your bank to ask about the status of this payment. 

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts