Plan

Premium (Free Trial)

Country

Sweden

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

So I'm trying to upgrade to Premium as I'll get 1 month for free. When I have entered all the card details and confirmed with an app that we use in Sweden, I get sent back to the page where I have to enter the card details again and now theres's an X symbol at the bottom the page - I attached a picture showing the symbol

I have tried this a few times but the same problem occurs every time. Is there a problem with Spotify at the moment or is it something else?

b30d9695d9343e090d514d6e0abfbff3.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @oskarr01,

Thanks for posting.

In that case it's a good idea to try activating the subscription with a different card or one of the other payment method available in your country. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how things work out.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

It may be because Spotify doesn't accept your card--Spotify only accepts a limited number of payment. Or, make sure your Spotify account is the same country as your card. Another problem could be that Spotify is currently not accepting payment in your region. Hope this helps.

I have had Spotify premium before and it have worked perfectly. The account is set to Sweden as my card. So I don’t think it’s any of those problems sadly 😞 But I’ll try again tomorrow!

Hey @oskarr01,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Just jumping in to add something next to what @user-removed mentioned. Keep in mind that the Free trial is indented only for new subscribers. If you've already had Premium in the past, regrettably you're not eligible for the trial. If that's the case, you can activate the regular Premium subscription either here or from your account page.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on. 

Mihail Moderator

I totally get what you mean, but this account is brand new, I signed up through apple and it says I got some of the premium features for free for 14 days. But it just came to my mind, maybe it recognizes my credit card as I’ve had free premium for 1 month on another account? That’s the only problem I think about. 

Hey @oskarr01,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Checking whether or not the credit card was used for purchasing a Premium subscription before is one of the mechanisms we have in place to check whether or not a user is eligible for the discount. Otherwise one could continuously create new accounts. 

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

Yes that’s totally understandable! Now I know the problem! 🙂 But now, the thing is, I can’t upgrade to premium without the free trial.. when I’m on the upgrade to premium page it says “1 month free trial”

Is there any way I can get rid of that so I can upgrade without the trial?

Marked as solution

Hey @oskarr01,

Thanks for posting.

In that case it's a good idea to try activating the subscription with a different card or one of the other payment method available in your country. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how things work out.

Mihail Moderator

I made an account on PayPal and bought premium through that payment method and it worked! So now everything is working as it should! 🙂 Thanks for all the help!

Hi @oskarr01,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know that you could subscribe to Premium again.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Happy listening 🎧

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts