Expat with same payment method but obviously different country, so cannot activate Spotify Account.

Expat with same payment method but obviously different country, so cannot activate Spotify Account.

Zen77

hello, 

i had a perfectly working premium account in belgium. When I moved to Malta, it was also functining since I kept my country in Spotify as Belgium. Now I would like to upgrade to a family account. In order for all users to have the same address which is Malta, I am required to change my country too from Belgium to Malta. The problem is when I change to Malta Spotify requires a new payment method, local! But I do not have a local account here and do not plan to open one. I tried to pay via Revolut and PayPal, same issue! How can I make Spotify accept my Belgian payment method while living in Malta to activate a family account! 

Thank you . 
Zen 

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 13)

3 Replies

Zen77

I used a Revolut virtual card ... hurray 

JRNY

Hey, 

maybe the team can help you out with this special situation.

I do always contact @SpotifyCares via DM on Twitter. Helped me fast & very good in the past, here's the link. They can look into your payment stuff. 

Hope it works soon & you can enjoy your music 🙂

Link to @SpotifyCares: https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

Greets

Florian

Zen77

Thank you Florian, I will. Meanwhile I used a virtual card on Revolut and it worked, but this is not a sustainable situation since I need to keep an eye on adding credit to Revolut. I’d rather indeed have my Spotify linked directly to my credit card. Thank you. 
cheers, 

Zen 

Suggested posts