Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Failed payment with PayPal

Solved!

Failed payment with PayPal

Hello, I have an issue with my subscription. To this day I've always paid with PayPal (I have no credit on PayPal itself, but it's connected to two credit cards from which the money is taken) and I never had a problem. Yesterday Spotify tried to renew the subscription, but I got the error I usually get when I forget to recharge one of the cards connected to PayPal. The fact is that I do have enough money for the payment, so I don't know why I couldn't pay, and yesterday I used PayPal for another purchase without problems. I don't want to change my payment method. Can someone help me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No worries @Mgkvis!

As your payment is having issues to going through, we'd recommend trying to pay again here: spotify.com/premium/. Make sure to use a different browser or an incognito window.

Keep us posted. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Mgkvis!

That's not cool. Does your PayPal account meet the requirements at https://support.spotify.com/article/having-problems-using-paypal/? 

Take care.

I just checked both PayPal and Spotify and they country is the same (Italy).
Im attaching the screens of Spotify and PayPal country, just in case.
Screenshot_2017-07-27-22-57-26.png
Screenshot_2017-07-27-23-00-11.png

Thanks @Mgkvis!

If your PayPal account meets the requirements, we'd suggest trying again with an incognito window or a different browser.

Let us know how it goes. 

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your suggestion.

PayPal is already set as payment method and I can't decide when Spotify will try to take the money, so how can I try to pay with a browser?

Sorry again if I don't understand.

Marked as solution

No worries @Mgkvis!

As your payment is having issues to going through, we'd recommend trying to pay again here: spotify.com/premium/. Make sure to use a different browser or an incognito window.

Keep us posted. 

I'm having the same problem with a credit card and neither solution you suggested has worked. 

It worked, thank you!

Suggested posts