Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift Card Refund or Credit

Solved!

Gift Card Refund or Credit

I was given a gift card for Christmas and I found through these posts that gift cards for Premium with Hulu are not applicable to an account. That information is not made readily available to customers. I would like a Spotify representative to message me back with a way to honor the gift card, a refund, or an equivalent credit to my account. The person who gifted the card had no way of knowing the card would be wasted and I will now not be receiving any product for the $30 Spotify now has. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mlp2019, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support here. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mlp2019, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support here. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@mlp2019 wrote:

gift cards for Premium with Hulu are not applicable to an account.

You are correct that a gift card cannot be applied to an account that has Premium with Hulu.

@mlp2019 wrote:

That information is not made readily available to customers.

I think that depends on how you define readily. The information is definitely available.

It is in the terms and conditions for gift cards, which can be found here:

https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/gift-card/

Section 4 says that gift cards

cannot be redeemed for discounted or group subscriptions (such as student discounts, trial offers, Premium for families, or offers combining Premium with other companies’ products or services).

It's actually in bold print on the web page.

And that web page address is on the back of every gift card. The person who bought the gift card accepted the terms and conditions when the bought the card. It says right on the back of the card that buy purchasing the card, you accept all the terms and conditions on that web page. And it gives you the address.

And gift cards are not refundable, and cannot be redeemed for cash. That's in the terms and conditions, too.

So the information is available.

Spotify's lawyers expect that anyone interested a gift card will take the following steps:

(1) First, they will carefully read the back of the card, while they are standing in the store, before they purchase it.

(2) They will write down the website address so they can read the terms and conditions.

(3) They will put the card back on the rack.

(4) They will use their smartphone to visit the website and read all the terms and conditions.

(5) Then, if they have decided to accept the terms and conditions, they will pick up the card and purchase it. If they have decided not to accept the terms and conditions, then they will put the card back without purchasing it.

Is this an unreasonable set of expectations for purchasers of gift cards?

Suggested posts