Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Samsung S10+

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

I keep getting annoying popups when I open the app, usually for podcast or new music from someone I don't even listen too.

How do I get these to stop? They're seriously annoying. If I wanted to listen to this stuff Id do it myself, I don't need or want these stupid recommendations. Pretty sure this technically falls under the definition of an advert? Bit misleading to say premium has no ads when all you are doing is swapping them with your own. This is the same reason I left deezer years ago and now Spotify is doing the same. 

How do I turn these off? Had a look in settings but couldn't see anything. Thanks. 

Screenshot_20201015-023422_Spotify.jpg
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: How do I get rid of suggestion popups?

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @M523, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

These pop-ups are not advertisements like the ones that people on Spotify Free get, but content that's only relevant to your music taste. Both Free and Premium subscribers can receive these.

Sponsored recommendations can help you find new music from artists that you love. They'll only come up for artists that you follow or listens to a lot, and only when you first navigate to Home so they don’t interrupt the listening experience.

In your case, if you would like to stop these from showing, click Learn more the next time you receive such a notification. From there, you can stop them showing for the artist you received the notification from, or stop them from showing altogether. 

I hope this helps!

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS