Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I updated my payment method and now my hulu wont work.

I updated my payment method and now my hulu wont work.

I had to update my payment method. And now I cant access my hulu  account.

8 Replies

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

About your concern, did you recently cancel your Hulu subscription before changing your payment method? Or was it cancelled?

The reason might be because Premium + Hulu is no longer offered here in the US effective May 14th.

If you are unsure, you can try logging in to your Spotify account via web browser, head over to "Subscription" tab and check if you are still enrolled in a "Spotify Premium with Hulu" plan.

Let me know what you see.

No my payment didn't go through do to it being a new card, so I updated
it. And now hulu dont work.

Can you try logging in to your Spotify account and check your subscription? See if you are still subscribed to "Spotify Premium with Hulu"

I did and it says hulu free but they took my payment out. Really confused

Can you attach a screenshot of the Subscription tab showing that you are still subscribed to Hulu? You must cover or blurr important details before sending the screenshot.

No it completely signed me out, and wants me to start a new trial. Even
when I sign back in

There seems to be something going on with your account.

In regards to your issue, it's best to reach out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter @SpotifyCares ( https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares?s=09 ) or through the online Spotify Support.

* Note that if you are going submit a contact form (instead of sending a DM on Twitter), make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

I've just recently run into the same issue. My card on file expired, just as normal credit cards do. Spotify prompted me to update my payment information in the app, so I did. Later that day, I try to watch Hulu and learn that I can't because my account had been downgraded. I contacted Spotify support to see what was up and learned that updating my payment method led to my previous plan being canceled and re-subscribed without the Hulu bundle. They saw this in the payment logs. When I asked to have it reactivated, they said they can't because the bundle is no longer available. This is not acceptable to me, so I got escalated to the Executive Team. The support person, Michael, was great. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Spotify's ability to properly address the situation. They offered me 2, then 3, then 6 months of Premium for free, but I respectfully declined. I didn't write in to get pacified with free Spotify Premium. Theres a matter of principle here. I wrote in to report a problem with the payment system and get my account back to the way it was. Whether that's through the original promo, the student package, or through an engineering toggle doesn't matter to me. I simply want Spotify + Hulu as it was before updating my card. Instead, my sentiments were logged in feedback report and put in front of the right people. Nice job setting up your customers and support team for failure, Spotify. It really shows how much @SpotifyCares.

Suggested posts