Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Make Premium Ad-free Again

Make Premium Ad-free Again

Spotify Premium (even when It is only the "student" subscription) should be adfree. The chatbot from the "help" section told me it was just ads by the podcasters themselves..honey no.

thats not the truth. I get ads placed there by spotify.

I think you introduced this feature in 2020 under the name " Streaming Ad Insertion (SAI)".

I get ads inbetween Podcasts in the middle of a podcast, I get ads inbetween songs.

I get specific targeted ads in my native language during a niche english-language podcast.

This is just a fraud.

Sure, I pay the" reduced" student fee, nonetheless, I still pay - for an adfree service - instead I get ads.

2 Replies

Hi @Fantaghiro

Welcome to the Community!

Spotify doesn’t play or include ads that interrupt the listening experience of Premium subscribers. However, some podcast creators may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages in their episodes.

Spotify gives the podcast hosts the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast, but that isn't something Spotify can control - it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content.

On another note, if you listen to ads between songs, we suggest that you log out and log back in to make sure you're using your Premium account. 

Let us know how it goes!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Well @Eni,

to be honest. Thats BS.

The SAI Technology is a technology at least used by spotify.

Maybe even build by your company

The simple fact, that those ads are mainly, if not only, played at "spotify originals" states that your answer is incorrect.

Those Ads violate the Premium deal.

So when you say that spotify doesn't stream those ads there are two options, from my point of view, why you tell BS about this.

Option 1: You have no idea what you are talking about.

Option 2: You are lying.

Both options doesn't look so good.

Oh by the way if you want to say something like "Yes but the music is adfree" you should at least clearify that on the Premiumdeal page.

That would be kinda fair for newbies.

In that state in wich this is now the premium with "adfree" is a blunt lie and should be called less ads.

Regards

Venterra

Suggested posts