Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] Spotify should notify existing users when they release new subscription plans.

[Other] Spotify should notify existing users when they release new subscription plans.

Spotify released Duo in September 2020.  I joined Spotify's Family plan (with only two members in my plan) in 2019.  When Spotify released Duo, they failed to notify existing customers.  Almost a year later, I stumbled upon the Duo plan when I was seeking to purchase a premium account for my mom.  I contacted Spotify support to ask for a refund, but the agent was unable to refund me anything after 14 days had passed.  I've been paying Spotify $5 extra per month while I've been eligible for Duo this whole time.

I will be going elsewhere for a streaming subscription for my mom.  I also hope that my diminished trust and advocacy for Spotify was worth the extra $55 they squeezed out of my account.

1 Reply

Hi there @bc_lee,

thanks for reaching out !

In order to receive on going notifications from Spotify, Please make sure to keep notifications from Spotify On on your account page.

In addition, check out if you marked Spotify emails as Spam/ Junk as this can prevent you from being informed about new music releases and new product releases.

Hope this clears things out regarding notifications on new subscriptions.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts