Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for Premium getting Spotify Free

Paid for Premium getting Spotify Free

Hello,

I pay for Premium (Canada) but suddenly all I am receiving is Spotify Free. The solutions posted on the website did not work.

Payments are up to date, the last being November 10th.

The username on my account page appears as zvbwhrq4chhdgta7nqq3cjlfm. I don't know if that was created by Spotify. I do not recognize it.

6 Replies

I'm experiencing the same problem in Canada, except that my account name appears fine. Just started about a month ago. Last bill payment Nov 11, 2018.

Getting very frustrated at the lack of support options at Spotify!

Hey @user-removed and @user-removed,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Find out if you have more than one account. Perhaps you upgraded one account but are logging into a different account. Here you can find instructions on how to find an account.

Another possibility is that your subscription has stopped, which can happen due to a variety of reasons. In this case you can subscribe again via this page.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Only one account. That is not the issue.
Re-subscribed. What happens to the unused time that I have already paid for but cannot use? Will Spotify now take two payments monthly? One payment per my original Premium plan and one payment under the new Premium plan?

I am having the same problem and have been for months!! I need real help NOW please, not a bunch of blogging. 

Is there a PERSON I can talk to??

Thank you,

Shirley

After weeks of frustration, I went on Twitter asking Spotify for help.
@SpotifyCares responded quickly with a DM. They asked for a couple of screen images including a copy of my Premium payments. Apparently my Premium account was connected to a Facebook Account with no email address - don't ask me how! They very quickly deleted my free account and connected my Premium account to my email address. Everything works fine now.
Solution: tweet a message to @SpotifyCares explaining your problem.

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for letting us know - great to here that the folks over at @SpotifyCares were able to solve your issue for you 🙂

In general, any account-related issues are best handled by our Customer Support team via email, chat or social media, since they are able to take a look backstage and see your account details - something that we aren't able to do on the Community. If you need to contact them, just head on over here.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding this.

Suggested posts