Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment failed

Solved!

Payment failed

I used up all the credit on my card for this month, so the Spotify payment for my Family account was denied.

In a few days the card should return available, but what should I do as of now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @uguhih7,

Thanks for your questions!

It's hard to tell, since this can vary from user to user, but usually after two or three failed payment attempts over the course of a week your account will refer to free.

No need to worry, though - all your saved music and playlists will remain untouched, and you'll be able to access them while you're on free.

Hope that answers your questions! Let us know if there's anything else you need help with.

Take care for now!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @uguhih7, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

When you don't have enough funds on your payment method on your billing date, your subscription won't get canceled immediately. Spotify will attempt to charge your card again over the next few days.

If there are still not enough funds and Spotify has attempted to charge your card a few times, your subscription will revert to Free, as well as the other members on that plan.

If you need to change your payment method, you can do so following these steps.

I hope this helps 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

that I understood, my question is how few those days are, as my card should return available in around 10 days.

Also, what does "reverting back to free" involve? Will it go back to premium without any changes (playlists, members of the Family, ecc.) as soon as the payment gets through?
Marked as solution

Hey @uguhih7,

Thanks for your questions!

It's hard to tell, since this can vary from user to user, but usually after two or three failed payment attempts over the course of a week your account will refer to free.

No need to worry, though - all your saved music and playlists will remain untouched, and you'll be able to access them while you're on free.

Hope that answers your questions! Let us know if there's anything else you need help with.

Take care for now!

Suggested posts