Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Premium] No heart, no dislike button

Solved!

[Premium] No heart, no dislike button

Hi,

in Spotify free, in the android app I had a "heart" button and a "dislike" button for each and every song. However, when I switched to premium I just have a "save" button (when listening to radio, there is thumps up and thumps down, I did realize that).

- does "save" mean the same as "heart"?

- why can't I dislike songs anymore?

Cheers, zenomuenich

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @zenomuenich,

Sorry for any confusion here - don't worry, I will try and clear this up.

So, the heart/cross button is in your daily mix, what this does is improves your daily mix, you can view more about that here.

The thumbs up/down is only on Spotify Radio, you can find out more about that here.

Hope this helps,

Tom

View solution in original post

10 Replies

No you should still have the like and dislike buttons. What type of technology are you using Spotify on. I would close it out and check again, and try reinstall if that doesn't work.

Thanks. I re-installed, but it looks the same, see attachment. I use Spotify on a S8 Galaxy with Android 7.0.

Any other suggestions?

Screenshot_20180130-081417.png

So this is your daily mix and not a radio station. On the phone click your library and then stations. This will bring you to radio stations where you can like and dislike tracks. 

Thanks. I am aware of the thumps up/down buttons in the radio feature.

However, in the free version of spotify I could "heart" or dismiss each and every song in playlists as well. And I am wondering why this is no longer possible.

Marked as solution

Hey @zenomuenich,

Sorry for any confusion here - don't worry, I will try and clear this up.

So, the heart/cross button is in your daily mix, what this does is improves your daily mix, you can view more about that here.

The thumbs up/down is only on Spotify Radio, you can find out more about that here.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Hey @Tom_W,

thanks for the clarification.

One thing I am still wondering about: In my discover weekly, I can like/dislike in the windows desktop app, but not in my android smartphone app - is there any explanation for this?

Cheers zenomuenich

Hey @zenomuenich,

Great question, I just tested that my self and can see that.

I'll get this checked out and I'll get back to you with an explanation!

-Tom

@zenomuenich,

So this feature is not currently available on mobile, however, Spotify is looking into it. They do not know when this will be released yet though.

I hope this helps 😊

-Tom

Thanks for the Info!

No problem!

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

-Tom

Suggested posts