Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sky Cancelled Premium Plan

Sky Cancelled Premium Plan

Hi Cancelled my contract with Sky and want to upgrade to family, I have checked and Sky says it has been cancelled their end but on my account it still says 

- Your plan is associated with our partner Sky, please refer to Sky for questions regarding your plan. Contact Sky.

Can you help!!!!

5 Replies

Hey @Wilmot74, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

That is normal if you canceled your Premium subscription with them before your billing date. For example, if you cancel your Premium subscription tomorrow while your billing date is next week - it would say that message for that whole week and on your billing date it would revert to Free.

In your case, since you canceled your Premium subscription with Sky, I'd recommend wait until your billing date. After that date, your account will revert to Free and that's when you can change your plan to Premium Family.

There is some more info on canceling a subscription plan here. You can also check out this article whenever you get started with Premium Family.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

We are now 3 months on and still have premium - on the account, it still says via SKY - we have NOT paid for this for 3 months now so why is it still attached to SKY - They have cancelled it their end.

You are missing out on us paying you for the family package - we just want to be able to use it for all of us

Please can you help!!!!

Thanks

Charlotte 

Hey @Wilmot74,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have over a week ago, twice, and to be honest they were hopeless. I have also been in touch with Sky. I am now caught in the middle of Sky and Spotify both saying they can help when they can't. I have had enough and just want it resolved. I do not see why I have to be doing the leg work here when these two should be talking to each other and get a resolution. I can always vote with my feet I suppose, and say **bleep** it all, leave both Sky and Spotify as they are incompetent as each other, then go find different providers?

Hello @user-removed,

Thanks for this extra information and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you've already spoken to one of our support teams, and as we're unable to look at your account in more detail here on the Community, we'd recommend reaching back out via the contact form and they'll help you sort this out. If you're certain that you're no longer paying for Premium through Sky and are already out of your contract with them, you can let our folks know that you'd like for your subscription to be stopped immediately and your account reverted back to Free.

@Wilmot74 did your subscription with Sky expire in the meantime so that you could resubscribe direct with us?

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts