Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify duo = 2 sessions ?!

Spotify duo = 2 sessions ?!

Why doesn't the duo subscription allow two simultaneous sessions regardless of the account?

This restriction only creates problems when using a third party system to listen to the music (sonos, Amazon, Google, ...). 

Like many others when my wife launches a playlist from the sonos system it cuts off the music at home. And the fact that I added her account on the sonos system doesn't change anything. Sonos by default uses the first account registered.
And no, I don't necessarily use the Spotify app. I use the sonos app, my KNX touchscreen, Google assistant... 

Just like Netflix, the subscription defines the number of simultaneous sessions without consideration of unnecessary constraints.

5 Replies

Hey @Wattokp, thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

This is expected as Spotify is intended for personal use. Therefore, you can only playback on one device at a time. 

If this is something you’d like to see in the future, you can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Premium is for a single user. But not duo, it is for a couple of users... So the restriction is not logical, but just a source of problem.

Currently we pay for 2, but it doesn't work...

Hey @Wattokp

Yes, Premium Duo is a subscription plan for two people- and you’re able to listen to Spotify at the same time but on separate Spotify accounts (hence why you have to send an invite to the other member to join). However, you’re not able to listen to Spotify at the same time on a single Spotify account.

If you’re having issues with Premium Duo, let me know what’s happening exactly and I’ll take a closer look.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

When playing music from a third party system, such as Sonos for example, you can't choose the account, even if both are introduced. During playback, the system uses the default account. And when this same account tries to play music, nothing will work anymore...

Suggested posts