Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify payment portal showed transaction failed but amount deducted from bank account

Spotify payment portal showed transaction failed but amount deducted from bank account

• Country

India

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

I am verified as a student till 13/05/2022. While purchasing Spotify Premium Student plan when I entered the OTP from the bank it showed bad gateway and then redirected to Spotify page which showed transaction failed but the amount was deducted from my bank account and also a mandate for monthly payments has been set. I can share screenshots of both messages or the Txn ID if required. Now i dont have access to premium. My spotify accounts page also displays Spotify Free under plans. I dont have any other account this is the only account I use.

3 Replies

Hi @guntas,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

For what you describe the payment failed and you may be seeing a pending payment. You can confirm it wasn't taken by us by heading to your receipts page

In this case, we suggest you contact your bank to know the status of this payment and get further information about it. In case you still need assistance from our side, please contact the folks from Customer Support who can take a deeper look into your account. Here is the link.

Hope this helps!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Appreciate the response but I don’t really think the payment  is pending from my side or the banks side cause i have checked and the payments are shown in completed transactions in my bank account statement. I am attaching the screenshots of the relevant messages. 

The payment doesn't show up on the receipts page you mentioned but the fact that the transaction is confirmed from my side and that money has been deducted means the money has reached Spotify (I mean where else would it go?). It might be some issue with the payments portal I request you to please check with the account where Spotify receives payments. 

Please resolve this issue. Thanks

[Moderator edit]

Hi there @guntas,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case we suggest that you contact our customer support as mentioned above so that they can have a closer look backstage.

Let us know how everything goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts