Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Not Working

Solved!

Student Discount Not Working

I had a premium account but I unsubscibed because I am eligible for a student discount but now that I am trying to join spotify again through student discount it is not allowing me to? 

Answers much appreciated 

Thanks!

44 Replies

Hey @Crangoose

Do you have a case number for your support request? I'll chase this up for you.

Hey @Crangoose01 

Could you get back to me with one of the case numbers? I'll definitely take a look and get this resolved for you, I'm unable to find any cases associated with the email address under the account you're posting with here.

I'll await your response.

Case #02487662 #02538147 

I'm having the exact same issue. Please help!!! Spotify Case # 02564594

Many Thanks, 

Brynn 

I MUST chime into this conversation because it's extremely important to let you all know how spotify is treating me.
During the holiday season, spotify had a promotional $0.99 3-month trial for premium. I got excited so I accepted. It was fine for a while, until I opened my bank account one march morning to find that spotify had snuck in a 9.99$ charge. For what? My 3-month trial wasn
t even OVER yet! I contacted customer service and they claimed that no charge had been made on my account. And, when looking on my account, it did not show the 9.99$ charge...but my BANK account DID. Spotify is trying to get over on everyone by doing their best to charge people the 9.99$/month. They're doing so much as LYING about charging my account?! I've been back and forth for a WEEK with their "customer care" and they continue to claim that they cannot find the charge. And to TOP IT OFF, I am a college student and their "student premium" page justleads me to the original 9.99$ page. Spotify is cheating EVERYONE, and my lawyer has already been informed of this issue and is building a case. THis is just plain RIDICULOUS, and I'm sick and tired of being LIED to and CHEATED. Eat that one, "customer care".

Same problem here, Case #02591873. Though TBH I'm probably just going to switch over to Google Play at this point, if it's going to cost the same I might as well use the service that's compatible with my Chromecast.

@user-removed @travis_mke @waqaramin 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I also am unable to sign up for the student discount.  Clicking on the "get premium" link on spotify.com/student just brings me to my account homepage.  There is nowhere to sign up for the discount at all.  My spotify case # is 02599352.

From reading up on this issue, it sounds a bit like false advertising...  Like everyone else here, I would appreciate a resolution to this problem.

@user-removed 

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Update: They did get back to me, and their solution was to create an entirely new account using a different e-mail I guess, and sign up for the student discount that way. lmao. Google Play it is. 

That was the same so,union at the end of the day for me. The thing is now that every time I put the card info in it loops me back around to reenter information. I'm frustrated. I'm just about done with spotifyguest altogether. I really could respect if one person handled my case instead of mutiple people. I don't know who runs this company but their support is the absolute worst.

I have been strugling to get the student discount since October with the same lame instructions however the student link just takes me to my account home page.   With so many people experienceing the same issues I think they have had plenty of time to fix this.   Maybe it's time to look into a class action lawsuit for overcharging customers on an advertised promotional price.  I'm giving them this last time to fix it correctly otherwise I'm done, as is my entire dance class.    My emails don't even have a case number on them...  this is shotty customer experience and if it's not fixed this time I'm done and will convince my friends to do the same.

Bryen

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

This is the solution, or at least what worked for me after getting the "Oops something happened" error.

You need to have your school email linked to your spotify account, if you login with facebook, you need to change the main email to your school email and the issue will be solved.

This still isn't working for me. It is very frustrating, I would like help. I have contacted customer support several times with no luck. I have also tried everything on the forums.

I am having the same problem and it is now June! This is ridiculous.  I have set up a 'Google Play' account for now as it is free for two months, but I doubt this issue will have been resolved by then looking through the history

Hi Guys,

Please help!!

I have been trying to redeem my 50% student discount but I keep receiving the following message:

'Your student credentials are already associated with another Spotify account.'

I did try to redeem the code on my partners spotify, which didnt work. I created my own account at which point the message above kept popping up.

Thanks.

@NB93 wrote:

I had a premium account but I unsubscibed because I am eligible for a student discount but now that I am trying to join spotify again through student discount it is not allowing me to? 

Answers much appreciated 

Thanks!

@NB93 wrote:

Answers much appreciated 

Thanks!

I'm having this problem too! I have had no problems for the past 2 years and all of a sudden this BS. Its ridiculous. My case number is 

Sort it Out Spotify! 

Hey guys hope u can help me out.

Following problem occurred: Started a premium account (in September 2015)  on Spotify. Btw Imma student, here in Germany Spotify offers a special tariff for students for 5 euros per month. First payment was 5 euros as expected. Now they wrote off 10 euros for Oktober.

On my account there was an info-update that on the 13th of Oktober the tariff changed to 10 euros again, same as for normal users.

Asked a friend of mine, she had a message on her account that told her that her tariff updated as before to 5 euros on the 11th of Oktober 2015. Hope u can help me out. (y)

Greatings from Germany 🙂

btw for good music check out my playlist 'Foreign Coffee' :))

Suggested posts