It was Premium, but should have Duo 

Country

India

Device

Browser

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

I just saw an option to upgrade to a duo plan and basically opted for it for a 6 month period (It did not let me upgrade to a one year plan). 

Now, the issue is my individual plan was auto-renewed in April 2021 and therefore, my current plan was due to expire only in April 2022. However, it was sort of important that I upgraded right away to duo (Who is going to wait more than half a year to upgrade) and made the payment for duo for 6 months. Now it just shows my account is valid till October 2022 and is still individual. 

I also saw mentioned in the FAQs that if I were subscribed indirectly (Through a 3rd party vendor) that I'd need to cancel the plan first, but that wasn't the case. I've been auto-renewing my plan for almost 3 years now directly with Spotify. 

Can someone please help?

apps1717_0-1627670078518.png

Top Answer
Eni

Hey there @apps1717

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We're sorry for any confusion that may have happened with our Support team. First up, keep in mind that due to new banking regulations introduced in India, our payment providers may be unable to process new recurring payments. This is why only one-time payments are available at the moment (like the 6 month payment for Duo you made).

Since a payment for 12 months of regular Premium was taken in your account back in April liked you mentioned, and then you tried to change your subscription to Duo, the change would take effect after the 12 months of your first payment finishes, that's why the change of subscription to Duo wasn't made immediately despite the charge being made. If you try to process another payment, the subscription won't change to Duo right away.

In case you have any questions or need further assistance, we'd suggest that you get in touch with our Support team again since they can check your account, payments and give you more personalized info. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

5 Replies

Hey @apps1717 ,

Thanks for posting here in the Community! 

I recommend you to get in touch with the Support, they'll be able to take a closer look at your subscription and assist you better with this. 

You can find some more info on how to do this here: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

Have a great day! 🙂

Hello, I did and they took almost 45 mins or even more and finally refunded my duo sub and asked me to try again in 24 hours. However, I am honestly worried that if I do, I'll have to go through the same cycle again.

Hey there @apps1717

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We're sorry for any confusion that may have happened with our Support team. First up, keep in mind that due to new banking regulations introduced in India, our payment providers may be unable to process new recurring payments. This is why only one-time payments are available at the moment (like the 6 month payment for Duo you made).

Since a payment for 12 months of regular Premium was taken in your account back in April liked you mentioned, and then you tried to change your subscription to Duo, the change would take effect after the 12 months of your first payment finishes, that's why the change of subscription to Duo wasn't made immediately despite the charge being made. If you try to process another payment, the subscription won't change to Duo right away.

In case you have any questions or need further assistance, we'd suggest that you get in touch with our Support team again since they can check your account, payments and give you more personalized info. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

So how do I make the change to Duo immediately on the existing premium account? 

Or due to the financial regulations in my country, this isn't possible?

Hi @apps1717

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, we'd suggest that you reach out to our Support team again on the link @Brunelicia sent previously since they can check your account and assist you in a more personalized way with this. 

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts