Announcements

Switching accounts

Solved!

Switching accounts

My son has a student premium account. I wish to set up a family account and invite him as it will work out cheaper. What is the correct procedure? Do I cancel his Direct Debit? He's worried he'll lose all his playlists too when he switches over! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @pilch74,

As long as you add your son's current Spotify account to your family plan he will not lose his current playlist's. 

If you want to go ahead with adding him. I would suggest you go ahead and cancel his DD. Then once his curent billing period ends you can go ahead and add him to the family plan! 🙂 

For in depth discussion on this please see:

https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/subscription_information/premium-for-family/

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions please give me a shout. I will be right here 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos! 

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @pilch74,

As long as you add your son's current Spotify account to your family plan he will not lose his current playlist's. 

If you want to go ahead with adding him. I would suggest you go ahead and cancel his DD. Then once his curent billing period ends you can go ahead and add him to the family plan! 🙂 

For in depth discussion on this please see:

https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/subscription_information/premium-for-family/

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions please give me a shout. I will be right here 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos! 

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts