Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using (an already redeemed) Gift Card outside the US

Using (an already redeemed) Gift Card outside the US

I have been living in The US and have a spotify premium account linked to an US credit card (linked to a US bank account). I am about to move to another country. I plan to close this bank account (therefore shutting down the credit card), and will no longer be able to pay for Spotify with that credit card any longer. Once I move, I do plan to switch my country location in my profile as well as connect my account up with a new credit card (one that is linked to a local bank in the country I will be moving to). However until I get settled in the new country, open up a bank account, etc, I would like to maintain my premium account status without having to miss out on the Spotify premium benefits during my travels. I am wondering if there is a way I can purchase a gift card online (with my US credit card) in advance, then cancel my US credit card once it is paid for, and keep my Spoitfy premium account paid for using the gift card (for approximately a month: two weeks in the US & two weeks in the new country) until I get settled in my new country and can reinstal a new credit card to my account. 

My questions is, will the gift card (purchased in the US) still work for the month when I move because I have already redeemed and have been using it in the US (for two weeks) ? Or once I leave the US will the account revert to non premium automatically because it will recognize the gift card as no longer valid (because it was not purchased in the US)? 

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hi @sweetliel, and welcome to the community!

You should definitely be able to cancel your subscription for the US membership, then begin a new membership using another country and a gift card as the payment method.

I recommend that you give this article a read for more information.

Thanks, hope it all works out in the new country!

Suggested posts