Very Inconvenient Ads on Podcasts

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Linux

My Question or Issue

Hi. I've read the articles about the possibility of ads on podcasts despite premium membership. This forum post also sums it up well. I realize that content creators would want to increase their revenue through ads but the current system is poorly implemented.

What Happens

I only listen to JRE on Spotify and so far it has happened twice: in the middle of the episode, the playback is paused and an advertisement for the Brydon podcast is played: "Hello, I'm Rob Brydon. Sorry to interrupt your podcast enjoyment ...". The episode is resumed after it is over but if I rewind to where it originally started playing, it happens again even though I've already listened to the ad once.

What I Expect to Happen

1. The ad does not get inserted randomly in the episode. There should be an algorithm that detects a good place to pause.

2. The ad does not get played twice.

3. This one is really subjective but I'd like it to be less annoying. When a joke is interrupted indefinitely, it gets very irritating no matter how many times someone apologizes for interrupting.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience, however, some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages. There’s more info about this here.

If this is something you'd like to see change, you can create a new Idea about this here, and I thank you for your feedback.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts