Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happens if I join a family subsciption with an existing premium account?

Solved!

What happens if I join a family subsciption with an existing premium account?

Plan: Premium -> Family

Device: Google Pixel 2

My Question or Issue:

The title already sums it up. I joined my families subscription with my standard premium account. Do I have to do anything else or will MY premium subscription be canceled automatically?

I didn't found anything related to this specific question and can't seem to find the page to cancel my subscriptions.

My account overview only shows the family subscription under 'My subscription' and not the standard premium one.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @NukaBoy

If you’re joining a Family plan, all subsequent payments on your account are made by the plan manager. Any remaining Premium time you’ve already paid for will be forfeited. There are no refunds available for changing from your current Premium plan.

If you’re already subscribed to Spotify Premium through another company (e.g. your mobile/internet provider or iTunes), you first need to cancel your subscription with them.

If you see Premium Family on your account overview, then everything should be working fine and you won't be charged for regular Premium subscription. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @NukaBoy

If you’re joining a Family plan, all subsequent payments on your account are made by the plan manager. Any remaining Premium time you’ve already paid for will be forfeited. There are no refunds available for changing from your current Premium plan.

If you’re already subscribed to Spotify Premium through another company (e.g. your mobile/internet provider or iTunes), you first need to cancel your subscription with them.

If you see Premium Family on your account overview, then everything should be working fine and you won't be charged for regular Premium subscription. 

Suggested posts