downgrade subscription

Plan

premium family

Country

switzerland

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Hi - how can I downgrade my family subscription to a single user one? there's no button for this - only "cancel" subscription .... but I don't want to cancel it - I only want another subscription ...

5 Replies

Hi @Regi2,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

To downgrade your current Premium Family plan, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, select CHANGE PLAN.
  3. From there, you can either switch to another Premium plan, or choose CANCEL PREMIUM under Spotify Free

Bear in mind that if you're the plan’s manager, all members of your plan will have their accounts changed to Free if you cancel your subscription; whereas if you’re not the owner of the plan, any changes that you make will only affect your account.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your answer
the problem is when I want to change the plan - I only have two options - "Premium student" and "cancel subscription". I want none of the two. I'm not a student and I want to change to a single premium plan ..... I'm not sure if I need to cancel first my subscription and then make a new one for a single plan, but fear to loose all my playlists etc. 😞

Hi @Regi2,

Thanks for your reply!

Does this issue still happen when you try using a different browser or a private window to open the account page to change your subscription?

Let me know how it goes!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Same problem here....
I can't see the option to downgrade from Premium Duo to an Individual Account.

Is there any solution that?

Thanks

Hi @filipineves,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Can you try accessing your subscription page here, using a private window or a different browser?

If you still don’t see the option to change your subscription plan to Premium Individual, I would recommend canceling your Premium Duo subscription, waiting until your subscription reverts to the Free plan on your next billing date, and then upgrading to Premium Individual here. You’ll be able to use your same account to sign up for Premium Individual, and thus keep all your playlists and saved content.

Let me know how it goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts