Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

switch back to premium from duo

switch back to premium from duo

I upgraded to duo by mistake and switched back within 5 minutes

Yet it now says I must finishe the current cycle to switch back.

If spotify can do upgrades for partial periods, surely it can do downgrades as well.

I do not want to be charged for a service I never used

3 Replies

Hi @Freedomizer,

No worries, if you have changed back to Premium Individual, you will be charged for that subscription rather than for Premium Duo.

The switch back to Premium Individual from Premium Duo is not immediate, however; you have to wait for your next payment date (which you can see on your Account page, under “Your plan” -> “Payment”) for the change in your subscription to occur.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It means i need to pay for the duo plan even i did not used it?

Hi @principiojohn,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Can you provide more information about what you did exactly? 

Usually if you have a Premium Individual subscription and switch to Duo, the change in plan is immediate, but you’re not charged for Duo immediately; rather, you’ll just notice that your Premium time is recalculated to reflect the difference in prices between the two plans. 

If you switched to Duo relatively early in the billing cycle, you won’t be charged the Duo price at any point—you’ll just notice the difference in the days of Premium that you get during the current billing cycle. 

However, in the case that you switched to Duo late enough in the billing cycle that the system cannot convert the Premium time you have into Duo time, it’s possible that you could get charged the Duo price directly.

I hope this clears things up, and I look forward to your reply.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts