Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

AI generated albums using artists names. Publisher: "Ancient Lake Records"

AI generated albums using artists names. Publisher: "Ancient Lake Records"

The publisher Ancient Lake Records released multiple albums in the past week (Predominantly on the 11th of October 2024)
This publisher is using artist's names, such as HEALTH and Swans to name the two that brought this incident to my attention.
AI generated music using another artist's name is a flagrant breach of copyright law, and is making me seriously consider deleting my paid account and moving to a service that has an ounce of integrity.
5 Replies

From https://www.spotify.com/uk/safetyandprivacy/platform-rules

Deceptive Content

Creating great experiences on Spotify requires trust that people are who they say they are, that they won’t be scammed and that no one is trying to manipulate our platform. Don’t use malicious practices to deceive others. What to avoid:

Content that impersonates others in order to deceive includes, but may not be limited to:

• replicating the same name, image and/or description as another existing creator
  • posing as another person, brand or organisation in a misleading manner

--

By their own admission, this series of albums released under false artist names breaks Spotify's content policy on deceptive content.

AI SLOP.png

Hey there @Daedalus_Isnt_Dead,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

In order to report this correctly, we'd suggest reaching out directly to our Support team here. Make sure to provide the URI of the albums and the links to the profiles of the artists being impersonated, along with a detailed description of your report to be forwarded to the relevant teams.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

They also released an album under our band name which appeared in our Spotify for artists app under upcoming releases. Surely something can be done that requires actual authentication to be able to release on an artists actual profile. It's ridiculous.

I think as the copyright owner of the band name you can claim that they're impersonating you, as a basic user we're unable to report something as a breach of spotify's terms of service.

I followed that moderator's link in the comment above (after they reinstated my message, for some reason replying to yourself and adding a picture means your comment is spam, and will be deleted automatically)  ended up talking to someone on a chat box who ended the chat without answering any my questions, which is always helpful.

Hope you have better luck getting a response form them as a creator.

We got the album removed quickly. So thanks to Spotify for that. But it just shouldn't be able to happen at all. This is not just spotify's problem, it's also down to the digital distributors. They do need to find a solution and fast. 

Suggested posts