Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Seamless Switching; Don't Restart Song

[Android][Other] Seamless Switching; Don't Restart Song

Request: Avoid restarting songs when goal is to simply change the "next songs". Currently, if I want to switch from Release Radar to the Album or perhaps Liked Songs Playlist to Song Radio, I have to restart the song.

How it would work: If you click the song you are already listening to AND the song is in a different location (i.e., the next songs would change) then DON'T RESTART the song; simply change the next songs (so the song in the location would now get highlighted).

Why?: It is quite annoying to have to restart songs in order to bounce around Spotify for different options related to the same song.

4 Replies

We also need this feature on iOS

Hi @Dkonia

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

If you're listening to a song  in a playlist and you'd like to listen to the whole album without restarting the song you're currently listening to, you can add the album/playlist to the Play Queue

If this isn't what you meant, feel free to submit your idea again highlighting how it is different from the existing feature. 

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for reaching out! And thanks for sharing this playlist queue
feature. I guess the benefits of my suggestion are (i) it would save a
click, as you don't have to hit menu then queue, and (ii) you would change
the permanent location of where you are, so for example things like repeat
playlist and shuffle would work. Am I thinking about this correctly?

Best,
Daniel

Hi @Dkonia,

Thank you for your reply.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

There's currently an idea - Continue song on song radio. We suggest that you head over to that idea and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts