Premium

Country
Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy A8

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I have a lot of local mp3s that I like to add to my playlists on Spotify and could sync them to the app on my phone with no issues, but that was a year ago.

Now, when I add local files to a playlist to be synced across devices, Spotify will only download a select few local files in the playlist, but not all of them. 

I have cleared the apps' cache across my devices; I have performed clean reinstalls; I have even moved the songs to a separate playlist for my local songs to see if it was just the one playlist that got corrupted or something, but even that didn't work. 

The app has almost never downloaded and synced across any of my devices easily. There is always one problem or another causing me a headache when I just want to listen to music. I'm thinking my money would be better spent on YoutubeMusic, which has never given me troubles when I had a free trial of it - unlike Spotify, which has always been troubling. 

1 Reply

Hey @the-qwib-qwib,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to suggest a few more.

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

In case that doesn't help, it's a good idea to try with another account to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts