Step 1

NEXT STEP

Art Work

Art Work

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Due to Spotify's arbitrary and nonsensical limit of 10,000 files in the Albums section, I'm having to creat playlists of my albums. However, when I drag and drop some files from the albums section into a playlist folder it's not retaining the original art work. How can I restore the correct art work?

3 Replies

Hey there @spiritofradio,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, are you selecting all the tracks contained on an Album, then dragging to the New Playlist icon when this happens?

It'd be a good idea first logging out and back in the app on your desktop device to shake things up.

If your playlist's cover still doesn't update to the match the Album's, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on your device with the steps mentioned in this Spotify Answer.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could let us know some additional details so we can take a closer look, for example:

• The device this is happening on and its OS (operating system) version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on
  • Any screenshots of how the playlist's cover art looks after dragging and dropping the tracks 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi

I tried a reinstall but that hasn't solved the issue. I'm using, primarily my android phone, the app version is  8.5.44.941, but also on to windows 10 laptops. I have been dragging and dropping from the album icon rather than highlighting the individual tracks.

The following screenshot shows that two Alison Moyet albums have been given the same art work and that another, the album "Essex" has been given the cover for a singles collections rather than the actual album cover

spiritofradio_0-1581352253736.png

Another example is for the album Astra by Asia. It appears to have been given the cover for a Gold "collection" rather than the correct album cover. 

spiritofradio_1-1581352735323.png

It hasn't happened on every album but these are by no means the only ones.

Hey there @spiritofradio,

Thanks for getting back and adding those helpful details!

Have you noticed if this happens when you primarily create an album-based playlist from your mobile or rather the desktop app?

If this happens mostly when using the desktop app, it'd be helpful if you could share the exact version of the app you're on on that device as well.

Further, if possible, it'd be a good idea if you could try using a different account on these devices to see if you're able to reproduce this. If the issue doesn't persist when using a different account, it's possible it's an account-related issue. In that case, you can always start over from a brand new account following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Keep us posted!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts