Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists not showing anymore

Artists not showing anymore

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

PC and Android

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Today I logged into my Spotify account, and went to go to the artists tab to look through my saved artists. I can no longer see all of my saved artists. I am logged into the correct account, and I can see all my saved songs in the albums and songs tab though when I go to the artists tab, it only shows my followed artists and not my saved artists. Even when I click on them, it takes me to their artist page. This happens on the desktop app, web player and on android. All across my account. I've tried clearing the cache, reinstalling, logging out and in, everything. I can't see any of my artists anymore. Is there any fix?

11 Replies

Hi @AliceAnarchy , thanks for writing!

This is an issue that's currently under investigation, but the steps bellow have helped other users who were going through this:

• Log out > Restart desktop > Log back in
  • Reinstall app from Windows Store 

After that, remove all lines from their hosts file that are blocking Spotify: 

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. Go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let me know if it helps you!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I noticed this happening in the iOS app recently. My wife confirmed that it's happening on hers as well.

Is it still being looked into? I attached a photo of my app. What it looks like is it's taken everything I saved and it's switched it to recommended artists.

2C90EAC1-0D0E-4A16-9E29-4DB65C711CEE.png

Apparently it's a feature?! That's what I was told from customer service. I
haven't been able to fix it for months. It's dreadful. I've asked them to
revert it but no luck.

Im on Galaxy S9 and my artists tab doesn't work at all even the artists search bar shows i have 0 artists amidst the 4,176 songs i have downloaded to my phone with spotify premium. Still using the app ofc but that's how i used to find my recently downloaded music just looking up the artist ya know

Hey there @Codie1031,

Glad to have you on the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

Liking a song no longer automatically adds that artist to your followed Artists tab. For full info on how Your Library is now structured, we suggest you check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

Happy listening 🎧

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is so frustrating. How come I can now sort all my songs by album and song but not by artist? Really inconvenient. What if I just want to listen to all of my liked songs by a specific artist?

Hi @duckyjp,

Thanks for reaching out about this on the Community! No worries - help's on the way 🙂

You can sort and filter your Liked Songs by artist following the steps on this support article.

You should also see a list of your Liked Songs when you go to an Artists page from Your Library, if you instead get the artist profile, we'd recommend you head over to this thread and add your +VOTE. We're currently looking into this and will let everyone in the thread know as soon as this is resolved.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same or similar issue on Android, Web Player, and Desktop App. When I go to my library and select "Artists" its empty. I can't search for any of my saved songs or artists.Capture.PNG

Hey there @PooSamich

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you notice that the Artists tab in your Library is empty instead of displaying your saved artists you might've encountered an issue that we're currently investigating. 

We suggest visiting this Ongoing Issue and adding your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

I'll be real with you Xenia, this is a very stupid change and it should be switched back.

OK so you have to go through and manually follow each artist you want to appear in artists?

It took me about half an hour but was worth it.

This resolves things for me.

Many thanks

Suggested posts