Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BUG] Deleting one playlist from two identical playlists results in a ghost-like state

[BUG] Deleting one playlist from two identical playlists results in a ghost-like state

So this week I copied a playlist and gave it the same name and songlist, only the picture was different. I then deleted the older playlist and it resulted in a state of having both of them at the same time.

Some weird situations, for example:

•  When clicking on my playlist in the navigation bar, I get redirected to my old playlist! Eventhough it's deleted.
  • When adding a new song with my right mouse-click on desktop, it gets added to the old playlist. 
  • My profile also features the old playlist, when removing it from my profile, people can still visit the new playlist through "Activity from friends".
  • I can still visit the new playlist through my "recently listened" page but nowhere else.
  • I can change the tracklist and bio of the new playlist, it does not update the old playlist. But when I update info (title, bio) from the old playlist, it also updates it to the new one ALTHOUGH updating the tracklist does not influence the new one.
  • My friend followed the new playlist and the old one does not have any followers.

This seems like a major issue and I know Spotify doesn't fully delete certain data for a while, so maybe this issue might be solved whenever my old playlist permanently gets deleted in their system.

I also added an attachment of what the copies look like.

The first image are both of the copies and the second one is both of them showing up as one on the left-side playlist navigator.

Thank you! 🙂

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-09 om 21.27.00.png
Schermafbeelding 2021-10-09 om 21.28.22.png
3 Replies

Hey @NigelMestach,

Thanks for the post.

It would be great if you run a clean reinstall of the app, following this guide. This will make sure that all possibly corrupted cache is cleared.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear Alex,

I've tried it now on both my phone and my desktop and this does not fix the issue.
Another way I've verified this problem is by opening the browser and visiting my profile. The online profile page of my playlist overview still features the older playlist (as the new one has a different tracklist and description).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards!

Hi @NigelMestach,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

Could you try creating a new playlist with a different name and picture, copy the songs from the other playlist to this one, then delete the affected playlist and let us know if this behavior persists with the new playlist?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts