Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blank Screen on MAC OS 10.6.8

Blank Screen on MAC OS 10.6.8

Recently my screen only shows a blank black screen. I can't see my albums or artist anymore. I can't play radio stations. All I can play is my Songs list and I CAN see those. I can't add or search for artist. I understand that things get old, but completely replacing a system isn't affordable for me to do. My system uses legacy software to create movies and music and run audio through studio monitors for excellent sound.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Mac Tower Pro

Operating System

OS 10.6.8

My Question or Issue

See above

4 Replies

Hey @tgoedde,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Can you confirm that you have an issue with your Spotify desktop client on your Mac Tower Pro? What is the current version of Spotify you have on board?

We can suggest in the meantime to log in and out from the app twice in a row, as this triggers a refresh between the app and your account. Let us know if this makes any difference.

It could be also well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Hope this does the trick for you. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you. I tried the log out log in and nothing changed. What version of the app can I use and where do I find it? I'll do a clean re install but want to make sure I have the right version before I trash the one on my system.

The install version from today, Version 1.1.70.610.g4585142b, will not work. The version I have now is 0.9.17.6.ge7d46329 and it used to work. I don't want to delete it until I know I can reinstall a version that works.

Screen shot 2021-10-27 at 7.44.16 AM.png

Hi @tgoedde,

Thanks for the reply.

The minimum system requirements for the Spotify Desktop app are Mac OS X 10.11 or above, so we can't guarantee that the software would run as expected on older systems.

What you can try, is the solution that other Community members have found in this Thread and see if that works for you.

We recommend installing the latest available version of the app from our official website, as we can't guarantee that older versions of the app found on third party sites, won't contain malware or would work as expected.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts