Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t Add To Collaborative playlist only on PC (Spotify Win App and Webplayer)

Can’t Add To Collaborative playlist only on PC (Spotify Win App and Webplayer)

Plan

Premium

Country

CZE

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

Windows 10 and browsers Chrome, Firefox, etc

My Question or Issue

I can’t add any songs to collaborative playlist from another account. This problem occurs only on PC (in Spotify Windows Program and Spotify Webplayer).

When I try to add song to that playlist from iPhone it works. But on PC it doesnt. There is not even an option to make a playlist collaborative (only on iPhone again).

When I on PC click "Add song to playlist", there will pop up all of these playlists but when I click on the playlist I want to add song to nothing happens. I can add songs only to playlists which were made on that account.

And yes, Im following that playlist. And aswell I have premium account.

I never found a solution to this. The problem is in code somewhere on Spotify company side. So please fix it. Im paying for the function that doesnt work.

Thanks

6 Replies

So Spotify Support moderators wont help their users? Seriously? U just dont care

Hi there @realmack,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

We can confirm that it's not currently possible to add songs to a collaborative playlist on the web player.

If you're also missing the feature on the desktop app, then you're likely on a new desktop experience we're currently testing. For now, this new update is still missing some features that used to be available on the desktop app.

In case you'd like to be able to switch between the test version and the old design, we suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea to show your support.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

Stay safe and have a great day ahead!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I dont see here in your link https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Why-has-the-app-changed/ta-p/4857510 any other version of Spotify to download.

Where is it then?

Hey there @realmack,

Thank you for your reply.

You can't revert to an older version of Spotify, but you can have automatic updates enabled for every new version. You'll find the steps on how to turn that notification on here.

As @Xenia mentioned - you can always add your +VOTE to this idea to show your support for the feature.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

> We can confirm that it's not currently possible to add songs to a collaborative playlist on the web player. Is development still ongoing on the web player? Is there a some way to give a +1 vote to ask for this feature to be implemented? Thanks!

Hey there @hisham_hm,

Thank you for your reply.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Happy Friday 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts