Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot delete folder without deleting playlists within

Cannot delete folder without deleting playlists within

On windows, newest Spotify version at time of writing

I messed around with creating some folders. Apparently, that was a huge mistake, because I am unable to get the playlists out of folders. I've tried dragging them out, which does nothing, deleting the folder, which for some reason deletes all the playlists within, and pinning the playlist within the folder, in which case it gives a specific message to tell me it's not possible instead of just working. The only option seems to be copying the playlist and making a new one, losing the playlist image and all the dates songs were added in the process.

1 Reply

Hey @CrabT

I've seen some other users struggling with folders in the new update.

I do not have access to the new UI yet, but I'll do my best to try and help you out!

Do you have your playlists filter selected, and the sorting order set to Custom? If not, here's how to do that:

1. Set the Filter to Playlists.
  2. Set the sort order to Custom order.
kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1683032248961.png

You should now be able to drag & drop playlists outside of your folders as well as change their order.

Please click here for more information.

If you've done this, and you still can't remove playlists from folders, I recommend turning on Compact Mode. This will give the sidebar a layout close to the previous one, which may be easier to manage folders.

• In the left "Your Library" sidebar, click on the "Playlists" filter.

• Then, in the sort drop down select "Custom order". You will then see your previous playlist order and be able to reorganize your playlists (move playlists and folders like before)

• Your current preference will be remembered each time you start up the Spotify desktop app.

• If you would like to only see text in the Your Library sidebar, go to the Spotify app Settings ---> Library ---> and select "use compact library".

• You can also drag the left sidebar to different sizes, as well as fully expand the sidebar by clicking the arrow button, and fully collapse the sidebar by clicking on the "Your Library" heading.

I hope this helps! Keep me updated!

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Suggested posts