Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

PC/Mobile/Tablet

Operating System

Windows 11, Android 11/12

My Question or Issue

Tried to add/change the title for any playlist I create and get the same error all the time. Same problem for months. HELP!

Screenshot 2022-08-04 164805.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've contacted Customer Support and they're helping me right now.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Sorry to hear that you're having such an issue with updating your playlist.

It seems that the playlist you're trying to edit has been reported, which automatically removes its name, cover photo and description.  
To solve this you can go ahead, copy the songs in the list and make a new one. After that you can name it as you like.
Make sure your picture or title doesn’t violate any copyright, trademark, or personal image rights.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi

That's the strange thing about this. That playlist is a brand new one. Any new playlist I create have the same problem, even without any content. 
I have 4 different playlists in my library with the same problem, all created recently.
The last one just created (see picture) and title cannot be changed/saved.

Screenshot 2022-08-05 160329.png

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know if this is happening on every platform you use or just on PC?

Can you change the playlist titles on your phone?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's on every platform. Only difference I've seen is that on my mobile I can change the title but it goes away after a while, and it's only visible on that specific mobile.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and for the info shared 🙂

Just to confirm, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? It'd be awesome if you could check.

On another note, you can also create a free test account to check if the inconvenience persists there. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, did you notice if this is happening in both the web player and the desktop app? 

We'll keep an eye on your response!

AlejaRModerator

It's happening with any type of connection from any device I have (web/app/mobile) - this must somehow me account related.
I'll try a test account also later today.

Created test account and that works fine everywhere so my old account is broken somwhere.

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for your reply and for the details shared 🙂

In this case, since you didn't notice this inconvenience on the new account, we suggest you continue using that one. You can unify both your old and new account by transferring all your music. You can find the steps to do it here.

Keep in mind you can also reach out to our Customer Support team, so they can help you transfer all your playlists and music to the new account. You can find out how to contact them here.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Marked as solution

I've contacted Customer Support and they're helping me right now.

hey im getting this same exact problem, is there a way i can save my account? its been going on for over a week and spotify cant find a way to fix it for me either.

No playlist created in desktop app can be renamed, including ones created in the last few seconds.  It's not a matter of reporting, it's the fact that the desktop app never has worked to rename playlists in the entire couple of years I've had spotify, including having changed accounts to see if that would affect the glitch.

Hi! So I had to come out about this, and it´s quite worrying to me, I work over a chrome book and tried to change my Spotify playlist names, but it won´t change no matter if I refreshed the page or not, it just doesn´t work at all, not even new playlists will change the title, I seriously need help cause it´s worrying a dear friend of mine, One of my playlists have gone full blank, and it´s all gone, do you think you can help?

Suggested posts